What's new
What's new

Deckel "Q" overload trips.... resistance values ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
In below photo, the Q8 and Q9 units with 0.4 limits are reading 11 to 12 ohms resistance between contacts. The other Q units, which have highter limits are reading 0 to 2 ohm resistance. But I'm thinking 12 ohms may be normal for .4 Q's....but not sure, what say ye ?

pkzm.jpg

This in D11 machine...are these same units used in D4 machines ? (can't remember)

http://www.klocknermoeller.com/pkzm1/pkzm1.htm

Different than the ones in my D4 FP4NC...Mine are AEG i believe.
Think yours might be an improvement.....
The AEG units have the aux contacts (to tell the control the breaker has tripped) under the main body of the breaker...can't get to them without removing the breaker...they are a problem. If you trip the breaker chances are that the aux contacts will not make up when the breaker is reset....
Looks like the Aux contacts on your machine is on the side of the breaker where you can get to it...

As to the resistance....i don't know, sorry too much of a pain to remove one to test.

Cheers Ross

FWIW, I took one of the Klockner Moeller Q units apart, cleaned the contacts, and now know the precise resistance between upper and lower contacts is 11.7 ohms on the 0.4 size breaker. The reason for this are internal coils on each of the three legs.

In contrast, the aux contacts should be near zero ohms in closed position, since they have no internal coil.

I was tempted to buy a NOS KM unit on eBay as they are plentiful and cheap...but taking these apart and reassembly was so easy there was no need.

Back