What's new
What's new

Dmu 50v

nanda23

Plastic
HI

We Are Upgrading Our DMU 50V CNC Machine with Siemens 804D 5 Axis Controller.
This Machine was with Heidenhain Controller.
We required an information about Pivot Point.
If We get Heidenhain/Siemens Controller Parameters We can get the information from the Machine Parameters.
If Anybody is having identical Machine with Siemens/Heidenhain Control, kindly share the NC paramenters.

Can't help with any information...
However i would be curious as to what Heidenhain control you are replacing and what you believe the advantage will be with the Siemens?

I don't see the "804" control listed on any Siemens sites....Are you referring to an "840" by chance? Believe the 840D was discontinued in 2015......The 840D sl is the current control.
Cheers Ross

Nanda23

The only reason I could imagine you removing a Heidenhain control and going to a Siemens is you have many other Siemens controlled machines!

DMG sold this machine with either control, why did you buy this one with Heidenhain rather than simply just buy with Siemens?

The Heidenhain Control is far superior to a Siemens as far as ease of use by a machine operator.

The Heidenhain has less screens/modes to go threw, and takes less keystrokes to make something happen than a Siemens.

If doing simple 2D parts the Heidenhain conversional side of the control with graphic prompts for information of the cycle make it easy to use!

That series of machine would have come with a Siemens 840D control.

Even if you get parameters from both controls you still must write a PLC program to make the Siemens control work with the machine??

Regards
DD

Thanks for understanding.
Earlier Control Was Heidenhain TNC426.
We are Currently Using 840D Siemens Controller.(Not 840D SL)

regards,
Nandakumar

Hi DD,

We are having Machines with Siemens Controller.Only We had this DMU50 with Heidenhain Controller.
Due to frequent problems, we replaced siemens controller and we are using it for 2D Jobs,
Now We would like to run impeller job on this Machine.We are unable to set Pivot Points.
If Already Anyone has DMU50 with Siemens Controller,We can Take the Parameters from NC Data.
Or
Kindly Help us to Set Pivot Points on Siemens 840D Powerline Controller.
Regards,
Nanda

That poster hasn’t posted here for 6 years.
Suggest you open a new thread in the “NC” section or in the “DMG” forum.

Most users in this section have older “Deckel or Maho” machines, generally those built before the merger.
Cheers Ross

I know this is an old thread, but here is my take on this Pedro, particularly the DMU50V. I've owned 3 of these and if the TNC was on it I would absolutely recommend just upgrading the machine to a newer Heidenhain control. It may be possible to get the existing PLC uploaded off that older control to update and place on the newer control. This is certainly the case with similar vintage Fanuc machines. Heidenhain will know. This will save a lot of effort and time on the whole job. Other items such as drives may be able to be retained as well. The entire E-stop logic can likely get reused. Some of these may be contributing to the reliability problems they were having but proper diagnosis and repair on that rather than just ripping it all out is a better plan.

If it had a Millplus I would first see what options you have with what it has now. Those controls are quite capable as-is and I've had great performance and reliability out of them especially considering the age of the equipment.

I typically respond to the DMG forum so if you need more information I may be able to help.

Dave @ Nerv

Back