What's new
What's new

FP4M Footprint

MCSF

Cast Iron
Either I am blind or I cannot find a dimensional footprint for a FP4M in Wrench's DVD. Anybody have one that can tell me its size? Bigger than a breadbox? Relative size to a B port?

I'm thinking of it being similar to the FP4NC which is ~ 5 x 8.

Anybody?

Bueller?

Last edited:
Don't have the drawings handy but the FP4M has a noticably smaller base than the FP4NC, and is not as wide due to not having X axis motor and such.

Bottom line is if you put the two machines side by side the FP4M is noticably smaller in many ways but I suspect if you take the FP4NC electrical box and Dialog control out of the equasion, the actual "air space" taken up by the two machines is not all that different.

My main concern is with the ram at the full back position so as to use the machine in horizontal mode. The distance from the front of the table to the back of the ram.

The FP4NC diagram has what looks to be 106".

I glanced at a ~1986 FP4M manual this morning (don't have a machine) and it looked like 78". Does the 106" include the FP4NC enclosure? Even at that I'm not sure what would make up the 28" difference. I'll look at it again this evening.

deckelfp4m.jpg

Thanks Don - I guess the Z axis view of the FP4NC includes electrical boxes or the like. The ~78 inch dimension is more to my liking. I'm assuming that drawing is with the ram in the full back position?

Last edited:

Back