What's new
What's new

Who Bought The SIP Tooling?

SIP6A

Titanium
Did anybody here buy the 7 lots of SIP spindle tooling from solanotraders on fleebay? All seven auctions ended early because "The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."
Right.

Got SIP?

I saw that stuff when it was listed. I'm sure I see that seller at the local auctions, but I don't know who it is. I did end up with a big boring head that very well may've been an SIP tool. I traded it to another forum member not too long ago. There is all kinds of weird stuff floating around the desert down here. I'm sure the seller that had the SIP stuff probably had about $20 into all of it.

ions82:

The boring head you had was it the Mitsui-Seiki head that was posted here a few weeks ago? It seems that I am not supposed to be able to use a face mill on my SIP I have had the machine 8 years and I have never been able to buy a face (or slab) milling cutter holder. There are a couple of dealers that specialty in SIP machines but they wont sell tooling the one dealer in paticularly problaby has 600 pieces of spindle tooling but wont sell a one. When ask why I was told I have to buy a machine to buy tooling:angry:

This reminds me I have four SIP boring heads which i never use - I could likely be persuaded to part with them. All lovely condition, turn like silk. MT4 and MT2 shanks. Any interest? I can pack extremely well and send (insured) overseas if need be.

sip1.jpg

sip2.jpg

If there's interest I'll list sizes, take more pics etc and work out a price/shipping costs.

Bikepete:

I would be interested if you were to price them separately. I am missing a couple and I think I see one of the missing sizes in your photo.

Thanks

Todd

Bikepete:
I would be interested if you were to price them separately. I am missing a couple and I think I see one of the missing sizes in your photo.
Thanks
Todd

Hi Todd, sorry for the slow reply. I think maybe it's fairest if I put them all on ebay individually so everyone gets a chance - unfortunately I've just got horribly busy so it may be a few weeks. I'll post a note in the 'for sale' section when they go up.

All the best,
Pete

Last edited:
So Bikepete are you concerned about being fair or bringing the best price?

If you are so concerned about being fair you would sell them to the first person that you offered them to and not after thinking about this for a couple of days and thinking "I bet I can get big bucks on eBay"

So Bikepete are you concerned about being fair or bringing the best price?

If you are so concerned about being fair you would sell them to the first person that you offered them to and not after thinking about this for a couple of days and thinking "I bet I can get big bucks on eBay"

I made no firm offer to you - I just asked for expressions of interest. Yes, you replied but I also received some messages off-forum, so you are not the only party interested.

Others on this forum have dealt with me and I do not mess people around.

Right now I'm thinking they'll sit in my shed for a few more years as I can't be bothered with all this. Sorry if I raised any false expectations.

Well either the previous poster who claims to have bought six pieces through the "back door" is full of crap, or there's a seller in New Mexico selling tooling to more than one individual.

Todd- Whatcha need a slab mill holder for? EIGHT YEARS- come on, you've got to get that baby running! I've got SIX of these larger SIPS, four of which are running and being used. They're all hungry for tooling. I'll probably get my fifth one running by summer. The last SIP I got in (7A) was running 48 hours after it hit my floor, and of that it only took about three hours to do the electric hookup.

Well Brian I need a slab mill to do..... slab milling. And while 8 years is to long to let a machine set before getting it running thats the way it is. And yes Brian I have been looking EIGHT YEARS for either a slab mill or a shell mill holder.

Todd, well chances are your eight year search has come to an end. Despite having a plethora of SIPS, I DON'T need a like amount of large shell mill arbors. Two or three different shell mill arbors will take care of my needs, and I greatly exceed that.

One has to wonder what type of personality it takes to claim to have bought tooling through the "back door" when in fact, they probably don't know a SIP machine tool from a sip of beer. Living vicariously through posting on this site, some people need to get a life. Know what I mean , Jon?

Back