What's new
What's new

fehlmann picomax 20: Manuals or tutorials?

fsfarimani

Plastic
Hello everybody, My first post here. So my apology in advance if I'm violating any conduct here.:)

We have a fehlmann picomax 20 here in our university workshop. I need to do some precise machining. Unfortunately our technicians are too busy and I need to learn it by myself. I was wondering if there are any manuals/tutorials in the format of PDFs or videos I can learn from?

What I need to learn:

1. how to change the tool
  2. how to fix the jaws properly
  3. how to control speed
  4. how to define a 3D path with curves for fillets
  5. safety issues

that is kind of a dangerous question :) If you have no experience with machine tools then manuals etc aren't going to be of much help. Doesn't Fehlman have a manual at least?

Is this a manual or CNC version as obviously that makes a big difference.

I would hope that your university has some sort of training available as that is rather important and I would think also quite standard. (even outside of the super litigious USA, such as have here in Norway there would be some training at least) I wouldn't want to unleash untrained students on machine tools out of concern both for the safety of the operator and the wellbeing of the machines.

I would suggest showing up to the workshop with gifts (beer is generally a good choice in my experience) and convincing a technician to help get you started.

if you were close by I would say come visits my workshop but a then couple hour flight might be a bit much :)

L

There is zero possibility of you learning to do 3d objects accurately, safely, and efficiently, on your own.
-- While learning the machine..
-- In any reasonable timeframe.

Even with == the best machine tool available, in its class.

Look for dealers in top machine tools, call them, ask for a mentor for a few hours on your particular machine.
You will need to pay the hours.

It takes about 1000 excellent professional training in hours to do what you propose, well.
Endless critical-path caveats apply --
metrology, tooling, gaging, materials, tools, specs, fitness/purpose etc.

The pro used to your tool can show you the right/desired tools for that material, feeds, speeds, gaging, measuring basics.
+ basic operation,
in a few hours.

Hello guys,

First of all thanks a lot for your kind advices and suggestions. I contacted them directly and they have send me the manuals. You may find them here: 116-1-12-E.pdf - Google Drive

I have now one other question. Is it possible to program this machine in any way? for example define some steps

1. do this measurements then
2. with this speeds go to x-y-z

Back