What's new
What's new

FP 1 FP 2 & FP3 at auction

Sequim Tool

Cast Iron
Just got back from the Ron Witherspoon auction in Castroville CA
the 3 Deckel in the sale the FP 1 went for $1200 the FP 2 $2750 and the FP3 just $2000. the big lot of tooling $1600
John

Just got back from the Ron Witherspoon auction in Castroville CA
the 3 Deckel in the sale the FP 1 went for $1200 the FP 2 $2750 and the FP3 just $2000. the big lot of tooling $1600
John
You realise that is meaningless without knowing the generation of each, plus condition

Looked like lever fp1, earlier fp2 with the early head, fp3L, and a cabinet filled with a lot of misc Deckel stuff, and it looks to be a Deckel cabinet. A pm memeber got the fp3L I think. I have no clue on the conditions.

Looked like lever fp1, earlier fp2 with the early head, fp3L, and a cabinet filled with a lot of misc Deckel stuff, and it looks to be a Deckel cabinet. A pm memeber got the fp3L I think. I have no clue on the conditions.

I got the FP3L. Accidentally bid $500 over my max, but no complaints. I expected to be wildly outbid.

The FP1 looked roughest and was sold without a vertical head (it had an FP2 head on the ground next to it - someone's going to be disappointed). The FP2 wasn't hooked to power but looked reasonably clean. Both had universal tables. The FP3L was the only machine with a DRO.

The FP3L runs nicely with powerfeeds in all directions, though at top speed the machine makes ample gearbox noise. Also the rapid for raising the column didn't seem to work.

The tooling cabinet wasn't very impressive. Possibly a dividing head stashed in back and a good assortment of collets for the FP1, plus a few SK40s. I skipped it since there was no FP3L tooling and I'll be using CT40 tooling from my VMC.

The FP2 had the boring head on the machine not the normal vertical head.......

Kevin

The FP2 had the boring head on the machine not the normal vertical head.......

Kevin

My bad I looked at the pictures awhile ago and was going off memory.

There was also what looked like a jig borer attachment (table) not on the machine. I think I remember reading a thread from long ago talking about it?? Also a riser block, another jig boring head and A vertical head for an fp1? Im no Deckel expert so these are just guesses :D

Last edited:
Yes the Enshus and Matsuuras went dirt cheap, though a number of them had some toolchanger problems according to the maintenance guy. That shop ran full production. The wire EDM’s ran aluminum and were flogged.

A 96 robodrill with a bad spindle motor went for <$4k and a Makino RMC-55 went for nearly nothing.

Seeing as Deckel didn't make universal tables for those models, no they didn't.

Lol ok then “swivel” tables or whatever is the formal Deckel term for “a primary table that can be adjusted about two orthogonal rotating axes.” If you want the proper word used, it might help to share it.

This auction was about 15 mi. from my shop, wish I had known about it. It's one of those things: how do you keep track of auctions close by? i.e. I have no interest in internet bidding or travelling more than 100 mi. An auction that fits my criteria might happen once every 5 years...

Back