What's new
What's new

FP1 and attachments for sale

JLBNOAH

Plastic
I am now retiring from my job and moving to Hawaii. The cost of shipping my Deckel FP1 and various attachments is fairly steep and I only have room for a very small workshop so I will have to switch to a mini-milling machine and min-lathe if I want to continue my hobby. The link below should take you to the photos of my FP1 and accessories. There are about 47 photos so I had to put these onto a photo storing website. For some reason the photo collection was stored twice. Anyway, the listing below describes each piece and matches the photos in the order they appear. The last photo has my email and phone if you want to contact me directly. I have no idea what price to ask for this equipment so I guess this is one of those “make me an offer” type things. Unfortunately I cannot crate and ship. You would either have to come to Vancouver, Washington to pick it up or have the machine and accessories crated and shipped. I can suggest at least two companies in this area that do this sort of thing. My FP1 has the int 40 taper and the serial number on the plate is 57685/08.

LINK: (hopefully this works and you don’t have to copy and paste)

https://picasaweb.google.com/112685...authkey=Gv1sRgCNvKmdzl6bKq-wE&feat=directlink

Photo 1: FP1 front view
Photo 2: table nice and smooth without gouges or tool marks
Photo 3: from the side
Photo 4: from the other side showing control box – the white streaks are from duct tape residue; on top is the Bausch & Lomb DRO
Photo 5: another angle of FP1
Photo 6: 3 phase motor that powers the FP1
Photo 7: another view of the milling table to show that it is the versatile tilt table; can be tilted at an angle and side to side up to 30 degrees
Photo 8: the vertical milling head that came with the FP1
Photo 9: the photo of the FP1 on EBAY, when I bought it with only the vertical milling head.
Photo 10: the ebay form showing the price payed

Acquired additional accessories over time:
Photo 11: had a welder build dolly with wheels and leveling capability for the FP1 so that I could move it around my shop and level it if needed; dolly is ½ inch steel plate
Photo 12,13,14 : the holy grail of FP1 fans; this is the riser, that I bought in Germany that raises the various heads on the FP1 3 to 4 inches and allows it to use FP2 accessories.
Photo 15: horizontal milling attachement
Photo16: angular milling spindle attachment from Deckel
Photo 17: Index head from deckle
Photo 18: punch milling attachment for index head
Photo 19: circular table for index head
Photo 20: three jaw chuck for the index head
Photo 21: vise for the index head
Photo 22: index head with overarm
Photo 23: reticule plate with bracket and magnifying glass for precision adjustment for index head overarm
Photo 24: reticule magnifying glass uncovered
Photo 25: precision vernier caliper from Deckel which fits the overarm of the index head
Photo 26: Deckel FP1 boring head
Photo 27: Deckel FP1 corner milling spindle head
Photo 28: Deckel FP1 spiral milling attachment
Photo 29: gear box for spiral milling attachment
Photo 30: box of various size gears for the spiral milling attachment
Photo 31: FP1 slotting head
Photo 32: slotting head tools
Photo 33: FP2 circular table
Photo 34: was not able to find Deckel grinding head so bought instead German made Precise grinding head with grinding tools (in box) and has int 40 taper to fit my Deckel FP1
Photo 35: was not able to find Deckel high speed vertical head so bought the next best thing from Germany, the Schnellauf-frassespindle which increases rpm 4 to 1 and was made to fit the FP1 with int 40 taper.
Photo 36: The mandatory Wohlhaupter boring tool for the FP1
Photo 37: the FP1 centricator
Photo 38: the FP1 centering microscope
Photo 39: the FP1 micro milling attachment
Photo 40: FP1 Helix clamps 10 inches, have around 10 of these; don’t have the smaller sizes
Photo 41: Helix clamps on the table (backwards sorry)
Photo 42: spring collets for the FP1 with int taper 40
Photo 43: more spring collets with taper 40 adapter
Photo 44: more spring collets with taper 40 adapter
Photo 45: boring tool and stub arbor for FP1
Photo 46: numerous manuals on FP1 and how to accessories plus FP1 CD
Photo 47: how to contact me if interested in purchasing
Below: duplicate set of pictures – don’t know why – blame picassa

Hummmm...guessing you got all that from Sean.....
Complete with a photo of Jessica from the e-bay offering. Curious this is your first post.

Not sure i could go to a mini mill after working with real machines...good luck on the move.
So no price listed...are you fishing for an offer or??????

You need to enter a location in your user profile..without it the site owner is likely to lock your postings....
Cheers Ross

Hummmm...guessing you got all that from Sean.....
Complete with a photo of Jessica from the e-bay offering. Curious this is your first post.
Also it's possible Sean had something to do with it, he probably bought the mill from Reliable.... Jessica was the "Reliable Gal" while Sean was working for Reliable...before he went independent. Yes, with all that stuff the first post aspect is a major curiosity.... 503 area code is in Oregon...

He states in the text that the stuff is located in Vancouver Washington. He produces evidence that he paid $7,762 for the base machine with some accessories and then went on to add several more accessories. This makes me think he's looking for offers in the $10K to $12K range which would be way over today's market. There was a brief period of Deckel ebay euphoria where prices skyrocketed. This may be from that time period. He should just take the stuff to Hawaii and keep on machining.

.... 503 area code is in Oregon...

Also says he's in Vancouver WA. Vancouver is just across the water from Portland, OR. Many Vancouver residents (WA) have Oregon phone numbers. Looks like a nice setup. I'm not in the market but if someone here on PM wants it and needs time to pick it up we might be able to store at our shop for awhile. Or, isn't Richard King putting on a scraping class in February in Portland? There'll probably be a number of PM members in the area during that time.

In reply to adh2000, I am aware that Dekel prices may have peaked some years ago. My posting says "make me an offer". The machine is currently in the garage of my condominium in Vancouver. The condominium is up for sale so I will be moving it to storage this weekend if no acceptable offers. It would be easier to examine and remove the machine while in my garage than in storage plus it saves me the storage fees.

My posting says "make me an offer".

Fair enough and no offense meant on my part. Just that whenever I see a make an offer posting it is almost always impossible to work anything out with the seller. Better if you post some idea what you are looking to get and whether you are willing to separate the lot or not. We know we can always "make an offer". Plus no posting history here, plus no location in your profile, plus no asking prices means you are likely to see a lot of various speculations on our part.

In answer to adh2000, my profile does list washington state and i have indicated that i live in Vancouver. I have posted on this site years ago but don't recall my password so I had to start over. As far as price goes, I honestly have no idea what a reasonable price would be so I will pull a number out the hat. If there is someone on this site interested, I will sell it all for $3000 if you agree to arrange the pickup. If no one here is interested, I can put it on EBAY but i would be greatful to have some guidance on what this FP1 and accessories is worth so that I actually receive some bids.

In answer to adh2000, my profile does list washington state and i have indicated that i live in Vancouver. I have posted on this site years ago but don't recall my password so I had to start over. As far as price goes, I honestly have no idea what a reasonable price would be so I will pull a number out the hat. If there is someone on this site interested, I will sell it all for $3000 if you agree to arrange the pickup. If no one here is interested, I can put it on EBAY but i would be greatful to have some guidance on what this FP1 and accessories is worth so that I actually receive some bids.

Well at that price I'd be interested, anyone know someone that can crate this thing?

Photo 12,13,14 : the holy grail of FP1 fans; this is the riser, that I bought in Germany that raises the various heads on the FP1 3 to 4 inches and allows it to use FP2 accessories.

This is not the riser for an FP1, it is a riser for the FP2 and larger machines.........

Hopefully the riser was never used on your FP1?

Kevin

We are all too late and too far away. According to the seller the machine sold locally today. It was a screaming good deal for someone, good for them and hopefully they are a member here.

It is true. I sold it all last night to a young man who took a day off from work and drove up from Eugene, Oregon with his wife. I believe he has posted at some of the lathe forums in the past. I know he rebuilt a Clausing lathe. I would bet that he will be joining this forum in the near future.

It is true. I sold it all last night to a young man who took a day off from work and drove up from Eugene, Oregon

That would be me. Not much to say at this point other than that I am super stoked. It is going to take me awhile to get things sorted and figure out what all I have. Once I get the deckel under power, I'll be selling my Hardinge TM, which has been a great machine but not in the same class as the FP1.

One question for the experts. I used a VFD to power my TM. I know the FP1 with its control box and accessory sockets is more complex. Any suggestions on VFD vs rotary to power this thing?

Teryk

Back