What's new
What's new

FP1 Holy Grail in the German Bay Area...

Hi Erik,

FWIW, I've bought several items directly from this seller, Thomas Henning. Never any issues. Erik, didn't you buy a 'spacer plate' from him some time ago?

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Bruce.

Well, I don't remember. I did buy an FP2 riser block from someone, but it ultimately ended up in the US.....

I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from Thomas Henning.

Cheers
Erik

John,

those microscopes looks like they have been mistreated.
One is broken - both glasses. And the taper looks awful also.
The other Hensoldt doesn't look that great either.

These microscopes come up often - and are nearly always in great condition
and most often with edge finder and spare bulbs in the box.

I would wait a bit and find a nice one. I have this:

20131202_210913.jpg
Cheers
Erik

John,

those microscopes looks like they have been mistreated. One is broken - both glasses. And the taper looks awful also.
The other Hensoldt doesn't look that great either.

These microscopes come up often - and are nearly always in great condition and most often with edge finder and spare bulbs in the box. Cheers Erik

Morning Eric, Mange Tak! ... yours very looks good ;)

Looking at one in the Ukraine too eBay Ukraine

As you rightly say there are a good number around ... just can't justify some of the prices demanded :(

John :cheers:

Hi John,

Erik is right. You should be able to get one in pristine condition with all glass intact and a perfect taper for 3-400 Euros. Definitely get the type that Erik (and I) have, which is the same as what TH-Machinenhandel has for sale, and the correct "original equipment" for your machine.

FWIW, I figured out what kind of bulbs this takes, and also what the modern LED replacement bulbs are. If someone needs that information, ping me and I'll look it up.

Cheers,
bruce

Hi Bruce.

Now I think I remember.

I bought a spacer plate - kind of a table riser.

Needed when using the 6017 rotary table on the large FP2 table.

On an FP1 the index locking pin and the index plates hang out over the side of the table.

I just don't remember from whom. But it makes sense I wouldn't be afraid buying from TH.

Cheers
Erik

BTW: Ping. I think I'd like info on changing the bulbs, as I don't have the electrical cabinet
(with the plug) anymore.

Hi John,

Erik is right. You should be able to get one in pristine condition with all glass intact and a perfect taper for 3-400 Euros. Definitely get the type that Erik (and I) have, which is the same as what TH-Machinenhandel has for sale, and the correct "original equipment" for your machine.

FWIW, I figured out what kind of bulbs this takes, and also what the modern LED replacement bulbs are. If someone needs that information, ping me and I'll look it up. Cheers, bruce

Hi Bruce ... thanks very much for the info too ... Can you tell me what make your Centre Scope is as I can't read the label on Eric's picture.

And while writing I'd appreciate the bulb data too. ;)

Cheers

John:cheers:

Can you tell me what make your Centre Scope is as I can't read the label on Eric's picture. And while writing I'd appreciate the bulb data too.

The scopes were made by Hensoldt-Wetzlar. There are two types. One has a fixed tube and eyepiece. On the other type, the eyepiece tube can be rotated. You want the second type.

Info about the bulbs can be found in this thread. Google is your friend.

Eric, that thread answers your question as well.

Cheers,
Bruce

The scopes were made by Hensoldt-Wetzlar. There are two types. One has a fixed tube and eyepiece. On the other type, the eyepiece tube can be rotated. You want the second type.

Info about the bulbs can be found in this thread. Google is your friend.

Eric, that thread answers your question as well. Cheers, Bruce

Excellent Bruce ... all I've got to do is find one! ... If you or Eric see one before me then I'd greatly appreciate the heads up :)

John:cheers:

Excellent Bruce ... all I've got to do is find one! ... If you or Eric see one before me then I'd greatly appreciate the heads up :)

Will do. Just keep your eyes open, there is at least one of these on German Ebay each month, on average. In bidding good ones go for 2-400 Euros. I paid 260 Euros for mine, including shipping.

Hi.

I just saw this:

Zwischenbock / Untersatz 2125 fur Deckel FP1 Frasmaschine | eBay

If anyone would like to snatch it for their collection of Deckelstuff.

It's a Buy Me Now object from a dealer, so I'm not destroying the chance of anyone, who lie in wait to snipe it.

Cheers
Erik
You have a good eye Erik, shows you still have an interest in Deckel accessories.
I bought the last one I've seen several years ago from Singer and paid more for it if I remember correctly. The collector in me made me go after it and I have used it for a couple of things, not complaining at all but it really hasn't been the best investment for rate of return compared to other items I have. I guess the point is if you have the money and like to have the whole line of original equipment on hand it is a fair deal on a rare attachment.
Dan

Back