What's new
What's new

FP1 Owners Still Using The Waylube Gun?

Danny VanVoorn

Titanium
I got tired of oiling that grease zerk with the factory lube gun, mine seem to leak all the oil out and are generally a mess.
I replaced one with a getz flip top oiler, that machine is old enough to not have the oil flow sight glass. Another machine with the sight glass I made a stand tube with a right angle fitting and put a cap on it to keep debris out. I can now fill either one with a standard oil gun (have several always at the ready) without any of the mess associated with those factory lube guns, makes it almost enjoyable instead of a chore.

Attachments

• DSC02076.JPG
    DSC02076.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC02077.JPG
    DSC02077.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC02078.JPG
    DSC02078.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 147
Danny:
Nice solution! Like the stand pipe..nicely done.
Lube on the FP1 is a bit different...
ON the FP2 and above, i got frustrated trying to use the factory supplied oilers...Leaked inside the cover and were always out of oil when i needed to use them, also filling to the sight glasses always
took several fillings of the gun...Cleaned them up stowed them in the door and haven't touched them for years now...

Here is my solution:
attachment.php

Aftermarket (Trico i believe)

plumbed using nylon tube so i can see or verify that the oil is being delivered.....
Connection to the machine is via metric banjo bolts in place of the "Zerk" styls oil fittings....No change to the machine...Banjo's fit to the original machine thread.
I use feed checks on the outputs to meeter the amount delivered...Far sight glass (operators side) always needs more oil than the near one....

Unit is mounted on the end of the vertical casting on opposite the operator......
attachment.php

At banjo fittings the brass fittings are silver soldered to the banjo to make up with the tube "B" nut....uses simple compression fittings.

attachment.php

Output form the pump is split for the two feeds...here is where the feed checks are mounted ....Fitting is shop built....

attachment.php

Cheers Ross

Thanks to both of you for sharing the photos.
Ross, what do you call the 90 degree fitting in the last photo that has the two lines screwed into it? What would one call that proper, if looking to buy a fitting like it?
Thank you,
Gus

Not sure you can buy that fitting (or the like)...i made that one ...not sue i have see anything exactly like it for sale, that is why i made my own. Can provide a drawing if that helps....
Cheers Ross.

Danny:
Nice solution! Like the stand pipe..nicely done.

I cheated on the stand pipe a little Ross; bought a bag of ten right angle zerks off ebay to see if that would be easier to get to instead of 45 degree or straight zerks. I simply found one that when tight was straight up and bored it out, then made the stand pipe and cover and pushed it in with high strength loctite.

Lube on the FP1 is a bit different...ON the FP2 and above, i got frustrated trying to use the factory supplied oilers...Leaked inside the cover and were always out of oil when i needed to use them, also filling to the sight glasses always
took several fillings of the gun...Cleaned them up stowed them in the door and haven't touched them for years.
Agreed the FP1 is completely different; only 7 pumps from the oil can shown will fill the sight glass compared to 45 or 50 pumps with the factory lube gun on the FP2. The FP1 also has several different places to oil that the FP2 doesn't but all those can also be oiled with the oil can pictured so I don't need the factory job any more either.
For the FP2 I got a small Bijur unit but it looks like I will have to refill it every time I use it so being the cheap skate I am I'll wait for a deal on something else. It will happen eventually and I've decided when I do it it will be a little different than your set up. Some sort of two directional valve that I can send oil to the ways and then to the other fitting by moving a slide.
Dan

Back