What's new
What's new

FP1 Rotary Table Suggestions

Degull

Aluminum
Hi everyone. I don't have a specific job that requires a rotary table. I was wondering if there is a specific size or model that fits the FP1. Sorry if this is very unspecific, I am sure there are many tables that fit the FP1. Just trying to narrow down my search.

Hi Degull,

I was wondering if there is a specific size or model that fits the FP1.

The Deckel manual for the FP1 shows the Deckel model 6017 rotary table, which is 380mm = 15" in diameter. You can find lots of information if you google for the German name: "Deckel 6017 Rundtisch". You can also find some photos in this repair thread.

Cheers,
Bruce

Deckel offered about every attachment imaginable for the FP line of mills including the rotary table Bruce mentions in his post number 3. Any suitable size table will work but the correct Deckel table seems to have a lower profile than all the others, I think it's only less than 4" tall. I have a 12" Bridgeport table that is much taller, perfectly usable on a FP1 but the loss of head space can make a huge difference depending on the work piece size.
Dan

I use both the Deckel 15" rotary as well as a Walter 12" which I prefer as is lighter. Deckel also has indexing plates which I haven't used. Both are lower profile than Taiwan types.

Lucky7

I don't think I'll find a Deckel table, anything Deckel is pretty rare in my area.
So I guess any table will work. I'll to find one that has a lower profile in order to cut down the loss of vertical height.

Suggest contacting PM member 'snetram' who lives close to you. He previously worked for Cosa and would know where the Deckel RTs are that may come up for sale in the Golden horseshoe area. And obviously watch ebay- I've seen RTs and dividing heads in Hamilton in last two years. They are out there, you just have to be patient and network.

Lucky7

Back