What's new
What's new

Fp4ma assembly problem

Adam_Demuth

Aluminum
Hello we finally got our fp4ma up and running and but it couldn't figure out where this panel is supposed to go.

29ub2f.jpg

Both of them look great from here. I would love to get a FP4NC but having seen your MA what is the difference? I thought the A was a less expensive NC but what is the MA? You have the manual hand wheels for cranking it around something I didn't think came on the A?
I'd also like to know about the Dialog Contour differences?

Both of them look great from here. I would love to get a FP4NC but having seen your MA what is the difference? I thought the A was a less expensive NC but what is the MA? You have the manual hand wheels for cranking it around something I didn't think came on the A?
I'd also like to know about the Dialog Contour differences?

Slightly smaller ball screws and no flip head. Neither of those two bother me much the only real problem I have with it is that y and z share a servo. So you can plunge down and make a pocket but no 3d work or thread milling. We have vmc's for that kind of work and just need something for basic shapes out of the reach of a manual mill.
Coming from a fanuc background the contour two hasn't been that hard to adopt but there isn't anything great about it in terms of easy of use. I do understand why deckel users like the switch layout on the console. I've found the modes pretty well laid out and can do what I need quickly. Unfortunately this is my only cnc deckel experience so I don't know how the later dialog controls stack up.

Back