What's new
What's new

FP4MA with Contour3 controll

bobecm

Plastic
Hello guy's

Does anybody have an idea what reason maybe for lack of command value for X and Y axes. Machine is purchased like used, but obviously it was not running for a long time. Now , Z axisDSCN1984.jpgDSCN1986.jpgDSCN1987.jpgDSCN1989.jpgDSCN1993.jpg going, but when i try to move x and y, emergency stop activates. Tachoe's , motors, wires seems to be ok, all measured from servo driver side. There is some pictures, sorry for pore quality.
BR , Boban

Suspect servo amps...but not familiar with your setup.
If possible swap to servo boards to see if the problem follows the boards or stays with the original axis.
Cheers Ross

There never was an MA with a Contour 3 (but I am wondering if I am having a black out right now).
The MA (or earlier A) was 2.5 D.
So one servo was driving 2 axis, but not simultaneously. If you needs parts, I have them from a parting out.
It was like taking apart a Rube Goldberg device (learned about that guy on this forum).
The amplifier in your machine is baffling. There should be a standard Bosch in there, but yours is not.
I am not aware of any other amplifiers ever offered in an MA, I'd give it 0.001% likelihood.
But I see you have 3 amplifiers, so your machine is not an MA.
Now that you probably provided everyone with false assumptions check what you really have, that may uncover how to approach your problem. Could it be a very early A machine?

Martin

Those are the Siemens servo amps. I had an FP41NC that I sold a while ago that had those amps. One of the firing boards developed the same problem you are describing. I checked around and found that unlike the Bosch servo amps, these were used in a number of machines from the 80's. I found one that had the same part number on ebay that was said to have been from a hardinge cnc lathe. The boards are matched to the servo motors with a resistor matrix. I have the service manual which describes the matrix for each size and type of servo motor.

I just had to change a few resistors and once replaced, the machine worked fine again. The pots for setting the amps have the same names and functions as on the Bosch amplifiers. I was able to use the same procedure described on this site to adjust the new servo amp. Also, these boards are a lot cheaper than the Bosch boards. I got mine for 75$. I saw a few sales of an entire siemens chassis in the 300$ range.

Hello guy's

Does anybody have an idea what reason maybe for lack of command value for X and Y axes. Machine is purchased like used, but obviously it was not running for a long time. Now , Z axisView attachment 205168View attachment 205169View attachment 205170View attachment 205171View attachment 205172 going, but when i try to move x and y, emergency stop activates. Tachoe's , motors, wires seems to be ok, all measured from servo driver side. There is some pictures, sorry for pore quality.
BR , Boban

Attachments

• siemens simoreg x axis settings.jpg
    siemens simoreg x axis settings.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 79
First of all, thank you all for the comments.

I have not much experience with Deckel, but browsing by net, i found that every machine is original.

Mark, You are right, servo amps are Siemens, with transistors in output (unlike thyristhor, which was common in eighties).
I have another picture of machine for Martin, with type designation ....
And Ross, I'll be a little happier if it's a problem with servo , and not with control.

I wonder , if there is any signal from plc to control which may inhibit command value for X and Y from control (NRP board) to servo drivers?

Attachments

• DSCN2335.jpg
    DSCN2335.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 155

Back