What's new
What's new

Heidenhein TNC 124

Right now my technician is replacing the controls of the Hermle 802M I have with a TNC 124
He has done this before but for some reasson there is a difference with the input and perhaps output signals on X 41 and X42
It does not come off the emergency stop
I looked at Heidenhein.de but could not find the service manual Only the user manual
Anybody can help me with this
ID nr of the TNC 124 is 594057-06

Peter

I wonder if there ever was a "service" manual for that control available to mere mortals.... Heidenhain is so secretative sometimes. To this day amazes me they refuse to repair the TNC 113 Activ but also refuse to reveal the secret schematics for it.

Wel It all turned out to be a bit more complicated
First of all the TNC 124 on a Hermle 802M needs special PLC software on a Eprom (278021 08)
I had to buy that from Hermle costing about €650
Then the control would not accept the LS303 scales That should eighter be LS 487 or use a adaptor The 313119-01
Thats another €400 or so. I just ordered these and hope to have them in house friday
And time my mechanic needed to figure it all out

I hope that it ends here and it will function next week

Peter

Interesting...when all done you may have the only working Hermle 802M on Earth ! Any idea of what your price will be ?

...you may have the only working Hermle 802M on Earth !

This is not true...I have seen at least 2 of those making chips and some idle.
High price and strong competition kept those restricted to institutes and high-end manufacturers.Thats why they don't often come up for sale...They are not abused as hard as Friedrich's machines are.

This is not true...I have seen at least 2 of those making chips and some idle.
High price and strong competition kept those restricted to institutes and high-end manufacturers.Thats why they don't often come up for sale...They are not abused as hard as Friedrich's machines are.
Well, I say that as the only other two with that same original control I have ever run across were from Canadian government surplus and neither of them worked either ! And yet they appeared pristine...probably because they ceased to function within months of commisioning. And the guy that bought them couldn't get them working either.

Well, I say that as the only other two with that same original control I have ever run across were from Canadian government surplus and neither of them worked either ! And yet they appeared pristine...probably because they ceased to function within months of commisioning. And the guy that bought them couldn't get them working either.

Thats what happened to mine too
One of my employers reads French quit decent and reading the French dokumentation that came with it the machine was more time broken then in production
BTW Hermle offeres a rebuild to TNC 124 too and perhaps even made some original 802M`s with TNC 124
Thats why they can offer that software

Peter

Thats what happened to mine too
One of my employers reads French quit decent and reading the French dokumentation that came with it the machine was more time broken then in production
BTW Hermle offeres a rebuild to TNC 124 too and perhaps even made some original 802M`s with TNC 124
Thats why they can offer that software

Peter
Dare I ask how the retrofit is proceeding ? :leaving:

Oke
The HH convertors worked but now we had a problem with the controls
When jogging the axes something wierd was going on
X+ Y- and Z- worked
But the others when engaged they worked but if you operated one of the other axes after that the controle frose
Probbably a problem in the TNC ???
We got hold of another TNC 124 but with the HH 9 pin this time
I made some adaptors from D-sub to HH 9 pin and now we wait for my mecanic to have time
He is in a move right now

Peter

To continue
We finally had the thing working in Juin it was I think
A client was intrested and after a testrun they wanted a option on it
We still needed to do some sheetmetal work and cleaning
Also we had a irritating sound in the feeds
That turned out to be the linked V/belt We sprayed some silicone between the links and that solved the problem
That client showed up for the second time with some employers And now the machine is SOLD
Even made a decent profit on it

Peter

Back