What's new
What's new

HH TNC426 ethernet connction setup?

Mstcnc

Plastic
I have heidenhain TNC426 control in Hedelius BC60 machine. It is from 1998 year machine, but it has and has been used with ethernet adapter card. Trouble is to get connection between machine and the XP pc (using tncremo program).
I can ping ok both ways, but can not get connection with tncremo.
I get couple errors in tnc:
"NFS2: <device name> (E) CAN NOT OPEN PORT"
A port required for mounting cannot be opened.
"NFS2: <device name> (E) ERROR FROM PORT MAPPER"
The data received from the port mapper are not plausible or
no data were received.
Firewall etc has been disabled.
I would be gratefyl for any tips what could be cause of problem.

T´Regards Mika

On a tnc430 (Huron ex-30from 1999 we installed a ethernet card, but we had to install a "dataserver" software one the pc and then go to the tnc controller to download files from the shared folder on the pc. Didnt work with tncremo, but i've seen it work on a newer machine with 530 control and ethernet connection. And in the end it wasnt much faster than rs232 connection, the tech guy said the controller probably couldnt handle higher speeds. Dont know if that is correct, but we couldnt get it to transfer as fast as i had hoped. :(
But when transfering large files (1mb+) it is more stable, it doesnt loose the connection after 95%. :)

Thank you for tip. i need to search more about "server".
I know cimco has had something like that.

R: Mika

How does the Ethernet card determine which port it wants you to connect to? Is it hard set or configured each time it powers up? Does your terminal program require you to configure a port or is there an option to do so? Try issuing a telnet command on the XP computer to the Ethernet card using the IP and port number the Ethernet card is asking for communication with. This will tell you if the port is open and available. Hopefully that will rule out if the port is the issue and just leave you with configuring the remote terminal program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, houston we have connection!
I bought cimco NFS 2015 software from Heidenhain and that was east fix.
Its not realy faster than com port but its easy to use and its robust.
Basicly no other software needed, just drop files in shared folder on pc and then from control pick file from shared folder to work folder in controls hard disk.
problem was different data structure between heidenhain and pc. NFS server translates files in fly.

Regard Mika

Back