How would you repair that broken casting ? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By "single part", I meant one ring on the full circle. Not cut in halves.

And the problem of the threaded hole for the clamping bolt is what I had in mind when I wrote :
    " One should also probably re-think the junction between the ring and the two bolts that tightened the T-nuts in the original design."

I have a design in mind, with a single part that would be kind of a "traction ring", including the clamping studs.
    Let's allow some more time so see if other ideas pop up.

PS : and you are right in that the inner ring of the casting also serves as locating bore to center and support the head on the support. Wich makes getting rid of it a bit complicated...

That kind of repair can be a tricky design exercice !

Country
    GREECE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys,

not sure if I am being stupid here, but, how were the T-nuts originally inserted in the T slot? I mean, I can see an opening coaxial to the bevel gear that is visible but I am not sure if you have to take the whole head apart in order to fit the Tnuts or whether T-nuts would even fit through there.
    What I am implying is, could it be that the T-slot had an opening just right on the center of the break?

BR,
    Thanos

Edit: not very possible, since, as it seems the top T nut more or less coincides with the break (or where I thought there could be an opening) at the horizontal configuration of the head which would not make much sense...