What's new
What's new

Identify storage boards

ballen

Diamond
These storage boards come from an old Deckel FP1 cabinet, can anyone identify them? The one with two long parallel slots is for holding a horizontal overarm and the arm for the dividing head.

attachment.php

I thought that this one was for chucks associated with the dividing head (2/3/4 jaw) and spare jaws, but it does not fit the accessories for my dividing head:

attachment.php

Cheers,
Bruce

Funny, I opened this thread expecting to see electronic boards..... ;) No clue on these wood things...

Three left boards in the top image are for holding accessory heads (slotting and the like). The metal plates hold the rear little section of dovetail on the heads.

Three left boards in the top image are for holding accessory heads (slotting and the like). The metal plates hold the rear little section of dovetail on the heads.

Yes, that's correct, but the question is, which heads are they for? As you can see, they have different lengths and are also not the same in the front. The first and third board appear to be for heads that do not "swivel" whereas the second board has diagonal cutouts in front for the swivel joint that lets you tilt the head. I am hoping that someone here can identify which boards are for which heads.

Isn't the one on the far right for the punch milling accessories?

Greetings,

Peter

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Isn't the one on the far right for the punch milling accessories?

Nope. In fact I have the punch milling accessories on the correct board, and it's quite different. However in hunting around various brochures, I have found a photo that shows "the board on the far right", or something close to it, holding 2, 3 and 4 jaw chucks for the dividing head, and other dividing-head bits. I'll try again to understand why my dividing head bits don't seem to fit there properly.

Here is a photo showing the punch milling board and stuff on the left, with the "unidentified" board on the right.

attachment.php

As I said, I'm pretty sure that this is for dividing head accessories, so I need to figure out why mine don't seem to fit properly on it.

Cheers,
Bruce

Last edited:
I have a catalogue from 1968 with all the inlays, but that is for the newer cabinets. I'll check my friends cabinet, he has an older style cabinet like your's. And he also has a fully tooled cabinet with his copy mill. I think kf1.

Do the other inlays start with 21 also?

In my catalogue all inlays start with 60, but that is for the newer style.

Greetings,

Peter

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Hi Peter,

I have a catalogue from 1968 with all the inlays, but that is for the newer cabinets.

That sounds right. I have the impression that one of my cabinets (with these inlays) is an older one from an FP1. My other cabinet (no inlays) is from my FP2.

I'll check my friends cabinet, he has an older style cabinet like your's. And he also has a fully tooled cabinet with his copy mill. I think kf1.

Thanks!

Do the other inlays start with 21 also?

I've sold the other ones (I have already built inlays for my FP2 heads for the other cabinet. But according to my notes they were 2155 boards also. Furthermore:

Punch milling board: 2155 00 104
Mystery board (Dividing head?) 2155 00 103

I have some boards for holding long (horizontal milling) arbors, with numbers like 6060 000 411.

In my catalogue all inlays start with 60, but that is for the newer style.

Thanks for looking! I am sure that someone here knows, and will eventually see this and tell me what the "mystery board" is for!

Cheers,
Bruce

So here's my attempt to populate this board with parts related to the dividing head:

attachment.php

- the circular disks with little holes have a good place to go

- the 2-jaw chuck doesn't fit in that area where it is sitting. First the cutout is too big, and second, the chuck orients the wrong way.

- the 4-jaw chuck fits nicely on the board

- the 3-jaw chuck doesn't fit into the cutout

- the extra jaws don't fit into the areas in the front

- I can't figure out what the big cutouts in the back are for. They are too small for the handle dial parts

Bottom line: I don't get what this board is for. Is it perhaps for the SK40 version of the dividing head? I've gone the MT4 version.

Cheers,
Bruce

Back