What's new
What's new

Just bought these Boring bars??

bob531

Aluminum
Hi Just picked these up ,20 of them all by Deckel ,fit my new small boring head perfectly. £1.50 each!
Are these very common ,as i cant find anything about them. Are they all boring tools?
The boring head was £30.00 GBP a good deal i think?
Thanks

Attachments

• P1300270.jpg
    P1300270.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 312
  • P1300279.jpg
    P1300279.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 246
  • P1300284.jpg
    P1300284.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 323
All look to be various boring tools....Good price. Are they 18mm shanks or 3/4" ?
That style bar is designed to be sharpened radially ...tool and cutter grinder does these well by simply holding in a collet and rotating slightly for each sharpening cycle of the cutting face.

Can also use the SO or SOE for this on the shorter ones...

Not exclusive to Deckel...other makers make similar style tools.
Wondering if these bars were actually made by Deckel...my guess is that they were sub contract to another maker and labeled "Deckel"

Cheers Ross

Bob, those are nice, 16mm diameter, right? Let me know by PM if you want to sell a few of them. I'd also enjoy seeing a picture of the boring head from another angle. 30 quid is a great deal. Cheers, Bruce

Hi, They are not 16mm,18mm or 3/4".
7 of them are 3/8" and 13 are 10mm shanks. They are all stamped with Deckel monogram and various numbers .Also Germany which im led to believe must mean they are before 1970 at least as after that they had to differentiate between West and East Germany.
The boring head is a small one made by Kyushukoyu with 30mm diameter body,it takes 10mm round bars out of the front end and square bars out of the side at an angle.
P1300210.jpg

I was looking around on the internet the other day and noticed these people had a FP2 that they are breaking for spares . Just though id mention in case anyone in the UK is interested.
http://www.theengineersemporium.co.uk/catalogue-pages/genmachspares.html

Attachments

• abh30.jpg
    abh30.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 102

Back