What's new
What's new

Latest generation fp2 manual scan

Plusminus

Aluminum
Hello all,

I have been looking for the correct change gear list for my universal spiral milling attachment (for FP1 and FP2 and FP3) for quite some time now, but cant find it.

My guess is it could be in a late fp2 manual.
Does anybody on here have this manual and is willing to post pictures of the spiral milling change gear setup list?

The formula for my FP2 as mentioned on the inside of the cover of my gearbox is:

200 x a/b x c/d x e/f x g/h.

The one I have in my 1st gen manual starts with 160x and I also have the FP3 change gear list with 100x

Thanks for any responses, maybe someone can confirm if its in the manual or not.

Greetings,

Peter

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Below is from the manual of my 1982 Deckel FP2..... a bit crooked due to using a smart phone as a "scanner" but hopefully will help you enough.

IMG_1722.jpg IMG_1725.jpg

Think it depends on which FP you have...I mean the leads generated will be different for a machine that has inch lead screws over one with metric lead screws....
Cheers Ross

Think it depends on which FP you have...I mean the leads generated will be different for a machine that has inch lead screws over one with metric lead screws....
Cheers Ross
My FP2 is an "inch" machine but the manual I have came with another late FP2 so not sure if the other one was inch or metric. Regardless note the spiral leads are given in both inch and metric on the chart. Plus the "technical specs" seem to give preference to metric figures.

Thank you very much.
It still isn't the 200 formula, but I can try these settings which rely on 3 x 40 teeth gears ( I have only one) and see if I have the space for 40 teeth on G and H positions.

This is the third gear configuration I have seen now, so besides the different gearboxes there are also a lot of different charts available.

Thanks again

Peter

But the screws have different leads so they advance at different rates....So the gearing results in different leads using the same gears...
Just remember looking at several charts and noting that there were different leads for the same gear sets.....
On my charts the metric and inch leads are just conversions...no account for the lead screw pitch difference...

Pretty sure the constant in the formula is based on the spiral head itself....That is where ,i believe, the difference lies....
For the standard FP2 spiral head (2215 000 100) the constant should be 100.

So to get leads in millimeters use the formula: L (lead in MM) = 100 x a/b x c/d x e/f x g/h

To get the inch leads on your inch lead screw machine then the formula is:

L (lead in inches) = 4 x a/b x c/d x e/f x g/h

Early spiral heads i think use the 160 constant for metric leads.
And the spiral head designed for the FP3 uses the 200 constant .

Most common i think is the 100 constant head....

Cheers Ross

The 160 formula thats in my manual makes sense because i have a 4mm spindle and the ratio of the spiral attachment is 40:1.

The 160 list is based on equal gears at positions g and h.

If I put a 40 and a 32 at g and h, i can use the 160 list with the 200x calculations but I need more gears then.

My thoughts were that there would be a list that uses the gears i have in different positions to make the 200x calculation work.

But maybe i just need more gears. Have to figure out which ones to make.

Greetings,

Peter

I forgot. The Fp3 list I have uses the 100 constant.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Good tip Peter but I enjoy making things myself. I have my machines for hobby. A friend of mine has a gear hobber so that is very helpfull too.

By the way, i guess it is mod 1.25

Greetings,

Peter

Back