What's new
What's new

Maho 'H' drive lubrication question

lectrician1

Hot Rolled
My h drive was not working properly.

the drive would not engage when the drive motor was in high speed and the variable speed dial was in the fastest speed.
the rest of the dial speeds work fine in both high and low.

I removed the mobil velocite 10 oil from the h drive and poured in some kerosene.

as soon as the kerosene went in the h drive was working perfectly through all dial speeds in both high and low motor speeds.

So i figured whatever was in there got cleaned and dissolved. I removed the kerosene and put the velocite back in.

but the h drive went right back to not working in the highest feed rates.

I did the whole process for a second time with the same results

My question is : is velocite 10 the wrong lubricant for the h drive?

The manual for the mh700 that is available on PM suggests spinesso 32 which the equivalent is velocite 10.

it don't work.

what should i put in there?

Thanks

The machine is like 40 years old. The h drive is an infinitely variable speed transmission that feeds the x,y,and z axis feeds. There is some type of clutch in there. I called Mobil tech line today and they suggested using Mobil Velocite 3 which has a viscosity similar to kerosene.

A picture of the drive might help. I happen to own a maho but it's only got gearboxes not a variable drive. I've dealt with a few variable speed drives and most were greased.

What is an H drive? Is it like a Kopp (not Klopp) variator? If so, it might require a special traction drive oil. I googled Maho H drive and did not get any hits that looked relevant.
Hello

The H-Dive is made by Heynau, they recommend a special synthetic oil but Shell Morlina S2BL10 is listed as an substitute.
I think it is similar to a Kopp variator.

Regards, Oliver

Back