What's new
What's new

Maho MH500 Evolution

adrian

Cast Iron
Does any one have technical details for the Maho MH500, there seems to be many different types of the same machine growing in size in the later years.

The square head types shown below are the ones I have found so far, starting with the white machine which I have seen and is about the same size as a FP1 with similar travels.

The grey one sold by Peter from Holland is a slightly larger machine, overhead motor, dc drive for the traversing and two extra dials on the head which I am curious about function.

And finally the green one which has grown in size again, now with box type Z axis slides, larger 5 slot table carriage, different traversing levers with dc drive.

Do the later Maho machine have the Deckel buttress pull thread. I have looked everywhere on the web and cannot find any information concerning size, speeds and traversing travel on the later machines.

Many thanks Adrian.

Attachments

• Maho MH500-10.jpg
    Maho MH500-10.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 440
  • Maho MH500-12.jpg
    Maho MH500-12.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 362
  • Maho MH500-13A.jpg
    Maho MH500-13A.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 377
  • Maho mh500-1.jpg
    Maho mh500-1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure, but on my MHC-700P, these 2 knobs/dials are for the horizontal quill (the one in front) and to switch horizontal spindle on/off (disengages a gear so that the horizontal spindle doesn't spin when doing work with vertical head). Small screw below quill handle in 4th picture is to clamp the horizontal quill. Max spindle rpm is probably 1600 or maybe 2000. MHC-700P has 2500rpm, newer C/W/E models go up to 3150-4000-5000rpm.

Thank for the info, I can see on the green machine the front item looks like a quill feed and locking lever. The grey machine however looks like a dial of some sort, may be the operating arm is missing.

Ciao Adrian.

Back