What's new
What's new

Mixed errors 08, 09, 10: are they symptoms of DA-breakdown in FP2NC? (Video)

sinusvag

Aluminum
Greetings from Sweden where (finally) spring has come.

I keep getting error 08, 09, 10 while "booting" my new to me FP2NC. These "Lageregelung" errors are from what I can gather following errors.

My situation is this:

- I boot the machine with the three-phase breaker.

- If I boot it at mode 10 up to 16, there will be no error.

- If I then push the start button (flash icon), the machinery swirls a bit, and I get error 08, 09 or 10

- Under no circumstances do the LEDs on NRP53 or NPP53 light up.

- The four LEDs on the NSV card are lit.

- If I try to swith to mode 9 or below, the machine immediately goes to error 70.

Has anyone had similar errors and traced the cause?

Some people have talked about the DA-converter HS9338 earlier.

As I understand it, this DA-converter is used to produce the "sollwerts" for the servo amplifiers. Judging from the schematic, it cycles through the outputs and the "sollwert" is buffered by a capacitor until next update.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

/Hans

Did you try booting up in mode 1 or 2 (servo amps off.....)

If the machine has been sitting for some time unused ..might need some warm up time to get running....
Following errors generally come from the servo drive....not working or perhaps the amps need tuning.
Try starting and allowing the machine to warm up for some time before turning on the servo drives...(mode 4,5 or6)

After warm up try moving teh axis by hand (mode2) if the scales read and no error, likely the problem is with the servo drives.
Cheers Ross

Did you try booting up in mode 1 or 2 (servo amps off.....)

If the machine has been sitting for some time unused ..might need some warm up time to get running....
Following errors generally come from the servo drive....not working or perhaps the amps need tuning.
Try starting and allowing the machine to warm up for some time before turning on the servo drives...(mode 4,5 or6)

After warm up try moving teh axis by hand (mode2) if the scales read and no error, likely the problem is with the servo drives.
Cheers Ross

Hi Ross,

Hmm. Yeah, I've tried booting @ mode 1 or 2 with a very warmed-up machine (several days of warming) but if I do that, I get stuck on error 00 or 01. No sign whatsoever of any axis values posted on the CRT - just the mode number and the error code at the bottom. No way to get out of it but by turning the main breaker.

Looking at error code 00:

"The voltage of the CNC control has / had fallen below 18V; The CNC control
Has been switched off properly. All computations have been terminated, the buffer memory is correct, i. All information has been saved."

And error code 01:

"The voltage of the CNC control has / had fallen below 18V; The CNC control has not been switched off properly. Parts of the NC program may have been lost."

SO... Might it just be caused by a faulty power supply (18V)?

I looked at the orange book (from rklopp as it happens) and the main source for 24VDC seems to be after some rectifers:

attachment.php

Do you think this is a good way to start? Or should I focus on the NSV-board in the control housing (still don't get if 4+1 lit LEDs on that NSV-board is a good thing or not)?

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting error 00 01.jpg
    Troubleshooting error 00 01.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Am i reading this correctly? are you saying that there is no display for the axis positions in mode 1-7?

Can you fill in some blanks...Is this machine new to your? Has it ever run in this location (electrical hookup) before?

No chance it is running off a phase converter is there?

Got to be sure that the output form the control transformers are correct....On T3 there should be 20 volts...Adjust the taps on the transformer to get as close as possible. (if not already done)
Outputs on T1 and T2 also must be set correctly....

Should have all red LED's lit on the NSV board. Dialog4 would be 6 lit, not sure on Dialog2...but think its the same. If hey are not all lit..that is where i would start looking
Be sure to check the fuses on the NSV board.

Guessing this is a Dialog 2, yes?

Is your machine fitted with a PC1 or PC2 in the big cabinet?

Cheers Ross

Hello again. Easter's here finally got some time to check things out:

Am i reading this correctly? are you saying that there is no display for the axis positions in mode 1-7?

- Correct, no display for axis in mode 1-7.

Can you fill in some blanks...Is this machine new to your? Has it ever run in this location (electrical hookup) before?

- New to me.
- Never run in this location before.

- Travelled some 130 km from previous owner to me on a truck.

No chance it is running off a phase converter is there?

- No, connected directly to mains (3P+N, 400V).
- Voltage in reads 409V between phases, all phases present.

Got to be sure that the output form the control transformers are correct....On T3 there should be 20 volts...Adjust the taps on the transformer to get as close as possible. (if not already done)
Outputs on T1 and T2 also must be set correctly....

Transformer outputs read quite OK to me, with one exception (below).

I have used the 5% adjustment possibility to compensate for the higher input voltage (400V vs 380V, we changed the standard some years ago in Sweden):

T1

5.9V (6V)
10.1V (10V)
24.4V (24V)
232V (220V) <- This one bit out of spec

T2
172-173V between phases (165V)

T3
19-20V between phases (20V)

Be sure to check the fuses on the NSV board.

- Fuses checked, all OK.

Guessing this is a Dialog 2, yes?

- Nope, Dialog 3.

Is your machine fitted with a PC1 or PC2 in the big cabinet?

The boards installed in the main cabinet and the console are as follows:

VG1 NZP58 (X)
VG2 NZP58 (Y)
VG3 NZP58 (Z)
VG4 /EMPTY/
VG5 NRP53
VG6 NEP53
VG7 NPP52
VG8 NEP51
VG9 NPP53
VG10 NSP54
VG11 NSI55
VG12 NCR52
VG13 NSV55

Bottom of console NHP50

Main cabinet, left -> right

NSV90
NPP90
NEA90
NEA90
NE90
NE90

So, looking at the Dialog5.com site, what I have corresponds to PC2

PC 2
----
Komplett...................................... 6400 xx 002151 00
NSV 90 Netzteil............................... 6006 xx 100664 00
NPP 90 Prozessor.............................. 6006 xx 100665 00
NPP 91 Prozessor.............................. 6006 xx 100667 00
NEA 90 Ein/Ausgabe............................6006 xx 100663 00
NE 90 Eingabe................................ 6006 xx 100662 00
NDA 90 Analog Baustein........................6006 xx 100666 00

I have removed every single card in the cabinet and console and pressed down the IC:s - some squeked a bit when pressing them down, but this did not change the behaviour.

Any clues as where to investigate further are really appreciated, thanks.

Would try swapping the two NEA90 boards in the large cabinet. (PC2)

If the display is then visible , might have another fault...because you swapped the boards.

Cheers Ross

Okidoki, I swapped the NEA90 boards:

I have confirmed that the fuses on the NEA90s are OK.

The status LEDs on each NEA90 (orange ones) briefly go on during boot sequence, then all LEDs go off except one (rightmost card, lower LED. So I don't think the NEA90s are the culprit - they are just the bearers of bad news.

The card supplying the NEA90s with power obviously turns the power on and off for three of the four power supply channels for the two NEA90s. (Which is why only one yellow LED is lit)

Back