What's new
What's new

New FPS CNC Deckel to be on display at upcoming EMO show in September...

Admin5

Administrator
Staff member
newFPS Deckel CNC.jpg

Not that any of us would actually buy the thing, but the control seems to be a departure from their previous offerings. Amazing all the different models they have now, both manual and CNC....amazing there is that much demand in Germany still for Deckel style machines at what would seem very high prices to us probably.

Although I have yet to pin them down on the price of any of their FPS Deckels... had submitted requests for pricing months ago and get ignored every time. Apparently pretty top secret info. :cool:

As an aside, if not for the colors on the control I would have assumed this was a black and white photo !

Milacron

They probbably ignored you because they will not sell to the US
I met Mr Schmidt (CEO)during the IRON TOUR and he specificly told me they will not export machines to the US
For obvious reassons (at least for all of us Europeans)

Peter

They probbably ignored you because they will not sell to the US
I met Mr Schmidt (CEO)during the IRON TOUR and he specificly told me they will not export machines to the US
For obvious reassons (at least for all of us Europeans)
I suspected that might be the case but one would think they might have the courtesy to at least tell me that little secret in a return email....Especially considering the electronic parts I have bought from them over the years....

But then that is a different department and I doubt the machine sales folks interact with the repair folks much, if at all.

so, for us ignorant americans, why the resistence to selling in the us?
is it all fear of liability suits? us tax law?
us commerce, labor, etc laws are surely no more onerous then those in the EU

I would wonder if they are convinced we have gone absolutely insane with the election of Trump (perhaps half the country has), but Knuzmann had the same policy before, supposedly due to the logistical problems of servicing any warranty issues...but also some concerns of lawsuits...possibly due to not getting warranty service ! (Catch 22)

But Felhmann in Switzerland, who also has no USA representation, will sell CNC machines to the USA, as one of our PM members* bought a new Fehlmann VMC a few years ago. Machines way more expensive and complex than anything FPS offers.

----------------------

*He started out thinking he would order a new Knuzmann but they refused to sell him one, thus he turned his attention to Fehlmann, and was glad he did.

Fehlmann link- manual and CNC

It would likely be really hard to sell a machine that costs as much as I assume these will cost with no US based parts or service infrastructure. Easier just to say no.

They have to make some adjustments to the machine
Different voltage Different dials perhaps Different safety requierments and for sure liability issues Also customer support might be a issue

They have to make some adjustments to the machine
Different voltage Different dials perhaps Different safety requierments and for sure liability issues Also customer support might be a issue
Of course, but even with the customer willing to take the machine regardless of those differences and support difficulties, he was willing to still buy the Knuzmann and they still refused to sell him a machine !

FPS might be another story but I'll never know since they never reply....But based on your hob-nobbing with the head Bavarian "suit", sound like they would be of the same attitude as Knunzmann. :stirthepot:

Curious that the Swiss, such as Fehlmann and Schaublin are not as particular about their exports.

Perhaps its not so they don`t want to sell directly to the US like Fehlmann seems to do
But perhaps they know you and don`t want to give you a price as they think to know you will never buy one

Peter

Perhaps its not so they don`t want to sell directly to the US like Fehlmann seems to do
But perhaps they know you and don`t want to give you a price as they think to know you will never buy one

Peter
i doubt anyone in machine sales there knows me but I suppose it is possible they are aware of this forum and the potential for FPS price blurt outs and subsuquent heart palpitations from members :willy_nilly:

Would anyone care to speculate on the cost? I am currently sitting down.
I really have no clue....which is why I asked.....especially interesting to me would be the price of their new "activ" FP1 version.

They could of course be outright ignoring you.

But there are orgs (law firm I read about for example) that block, for example, all emails of any kind from any IP address associated with Africa. It's not impossible that their sales org (separate from their parts org) is using some tool to just plain block inquiries from any IP address associated with the US. It's possible for this to lead to a thing where parts dept answers email but sales doesn't.

There's also a thing in the US, that might apply to FPS too, where all email is ignored until you've had a phone conversation with them. Which means they might be ignoring all emailed price queries, and you'd have to call them on the phone to get their attention.

Back