What's new
What's new

New guy with a old machine.Deckel FP1 question

frankyboy

Plastic
Hi

I am franky from germany and i found this nice website buy searching for deckel fp1 informations/help.
2 weeks ago i bought a deckel fp1,and i cleaned it a few days.But there is one thing i don´t understand,
the " central-lubrication" (from "Vogel) has a little pipe who should send the oil to the z-spindle.
But the pipe don`t hit the z-spindle...??
Is this correct?Or did the pre-owner tinkered something...?:confused:

Regards
Franky

PS:If i found the correct place here, i want to introduce me and my little shop( i have some hommel uwg, astoba uw1 universal-machines and a habegger neotor lathe).Maybe somebody can give a indication where i have do do this on this website??

Attachments

• CIMG6046.jpg
    CIMG6046.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4,568
  • deckel2.jpg
    deckel2.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,581
  • deckel4.jpg
    deckel4.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 610
  • deckel3.jpg
    deckel3.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 655
Welcome to the site, you should find most responses to your query as informative.

Maybe somebody can give a indication where i have do do this on this website??

You are in the correct forum for Deckel, no problem there.

I am worried, however, that members will be asking you to be their freight-forwarder, to enable StateSide members to purchase from ebay.de those hard-to-find Deckel parts :)

Geez Louise! That's a fine looking little mill there. I hope you'll submit some photos of your other gems.

Hi Franky,

Nice machine!

I have a close relative of your FP1 and had a similar question earlier (the thread Tien mentions above). The Z lube line is a very simple system: I just bent mine a little so that oil drips down the screw to the Z nut. Just make sure the pump is delivering a few drops of oil when you turn the machine on. On mine, the Vogel pump controller was dead, so I just rewired it to use the manual push button to provide oil as necessary.

--Larry

Welcome Franky!

This is what I enjoy about forums like this, people from all over the planet can connect and discuss their interests.

Very nice looking FP1! Hardly "an old machine" to us here.

If you don't have the appropriate manuals for your machine, one of the users here has assembled an excellent collection of Deckel FP series operator and parts manuals on DVD. It also has a huge collection of Deckel info as well as lathe and mill manuals for other makes.

For what it will cost for a single printed manual you get hundreds:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/deckel-maho-aciera-abene-mills/wrench-deckel-dvd-224597/

Chris

Back