Oerlikon Italiana Milling Machine size "3", Model MN3H - Page 7
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's a very well made machine. It reminds me of the Swiss machines I worked on- nothing left to chance in there. Just look at the lube pipe set up in that photo. Absolutely bullet proof design. That'll last forever. If Sachmanram is following this look at the beautiful examples of gear tooth edge rounding on those gears. Re The double sight glass arrangement - The lower sight glass is for the static oil level and the upper sight glass is to indicate the flow of oil from the lube pump to the gallery. I'm really impressed with the workmanship I can see, even the bracket that carries the oil pipes appears to be screwed and dowelled into position. Quality work.

Regards Tyrone.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 02-23-2018 at 07:34 AM.

2. Likes Sachmanram, texasgunsmith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by texasgunsmith View Post
    There is some trace, fine metal in bottom of tower, much like you might find in a standard transmission, or rear differential of a vehicle, but nothing concerning, nor any big pieces. Just normal gear box accumulation. I'll get that cleaned out before filling oil.
    I would suggest sticking a few strong magnets in several places on the bottom, so that the fine metal particles do not recirculate.

Paolo

4. Likes texasgunsmith liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo_MD View Post
    I would suggest sticking a few strong magnets in several places on the bottom, so that the fine metal particles do not recirculate.

Paolo
    I was thinking the same thing. I usually do that on big gear boxes, and trans.