What's new
What's new

OT- Just a note of appreciation to Martin P (Dialog 5) for fantastic packing !

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Not Deckel stuff, but pristine Myford cylindrical grinder ID attachment. To ship it under weight limits, he took it apart and mailed it in two boxes via Germany DHL ( which is handed over in the USA to our regular postal service :ill:)

But oh what packing...I think each box could have been dropped 10 feet onto concrete and all would have been fine....I should take pictures but too busy right now :cheers:

You are lucky, Don... I had the exact opposite experience, twice. One was a Centricator. The guy put a *single* sheet of newspaper (not even crumpled) in the box and, worse, left different bolts, washers, etc free within the case. The wooden box broken open when manhandled and the free floating parts banged all over the pace. The centricator plexiglass was broken, etc. Argh!

Second experience was a Deckel rotary table. The guy sent it in a single layer cardboard box that promptly busted apart. When I picked the table up at the depot, it essentially was an unpacked table with the address label taped to the top. Amazingly, I don't recall that much damage to the table though!

Alan

Second experience was a Deckel rotary table. The guy sent it in a single layer cardboard box that promptly busted apart. When I picked the table up at the depot, it essentially was an unpacked table with the address label taped to the top. Amazingly, I don't recall that much damage to the table though!

Alan

Clearly your table was handled by some apprentices...shipping personnel who were not fully trained yet...Perhaps you should send it through again ...bet when the veteran handlers get finished it
be quite a different story.....
Them guys have a standard to uphold and allowing your table to come through without major damage totally violates the shippers creed...
Cheers Ross

I recall a UPS commercial years ago, I think, where there were gorillas in the distribution center throwing packages around. Well, it probably was supposed to be representative of a *competitor's* distro center! :)

You are lucky, Don.
Not really "lucky" since I knew Martin would pack it right, which was part of my inspiration to buy it from him in the first place. What was unexpected was just how "right" it was....beyond the call of duty. :Ithankyou:

Fair statement, Don... Martin has always been an asset to the community and a good person. I also would have expected the type of result you got from him... Good guy. My post wasn't, of course, meant to imply you were lucky to have gotten good service from him. In reading it, I can see how some may have thought that was the innuendo (although I suspect you didn't take it that way) so I figured I'd clarify just in case there was some confusion . :)

Alan

Clearly your table was handled by some apprentices...shipping personnel who were not fully trained yet...Perhaps you should send it through again ...bet when the veteran handlers get finished it
be quite a different story.....
Them guys have a standard to uphold and allowing your table to come through without major damage totally violates the shippers creed...
Cheers Ross
Oh, So I'm not the only one?

Oh, So I'm not the only one?

Just to reiterate on this.

Today I get a call from a cam grinder that a V8 camshaft I sent out to have ground is MIA.

They received the Box alright, with a gaping hole in it, but no cam.

How the hell does this happen?????

I mean really????

This happens way too often anymore.

Today you should feel lucky to just get you stuff period.

I used to get really disgusted when this stuff would happen.

Now I just take it in stride as everyday business.

Really nothing else you can do.

Back