What's new
What's new

OT, sort of: How would you ship a smallish machine tool part from Germany to US?

Spud

Diamond
Weighs about 30 kilos. about 17cm x 17cm x 11cm.

Ship to the US.

What kind of shipping service , with collection from seller?
Can shipper package item also?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

When I ship things to and from other countries I use Kuehne + Nagel: Homepage

Many time they ship small items in bigger containers with a lot of things from several companies. They will also advise you on what sort of wood to build you skid, what size, etc. Once I took 5 gallon pails of spotting ink to them and they packaged them and banded them to a skid. I shipped a Gear tester from Korea and they helped the seller get it in the plywood box, fill out the customs forms, etc. Then they delivered it to my shop. They do it all.

Something that small should be able to go standard postal service.

Simple question to ask at sending end as it is just another box.

They need to know packaged weight and what is inside and should have required paperwork and be able to advise process and price.

Back in "ebay days" we shipped equipment to China and other items to Japan and Europe and all was simple trip to post office to get "quote" the buyer pay whatever it was and away it went, really simple but that was back then.

OP states seller pays so assuming paid when given to post office so simple.

If you are buyer you can ask questions to find out.

Main point is to have proper insurance and packaging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I just ship UPS (from USA)about that size..have cut up a box to make separators or extra strength of sides for shipping odd stuff like grinding wheel to Germany or machine parts about the US...Likely around $15 Us to Us....about $48 US to Germany ..They have a scale to weigh it..

Just noticed something odd in my neighborhood.. A no-name bigger van delivering boxes at the house across the street.Perhaps a couple a week..?

Standard postal service may be just as good....but I don't like to stand in line..seems a lot of ebay sellers use the USPO.

I shipped a box of grinding wheels to Germany through the fellow's friend at a military base for about $15 USD.

Think it a good idea to list item on the box..Re: tools/machine part/grinding wheels....Gold bars..? wait not gold bars.

Teh weight is where the cost is

For instance USPS flat rate box is over 60 bucks and is limited to 20 pounds

maybe the rates are better the other way round, but a 66 pound box is not gonna be cheap

Weighs about 30 kilos. about 17cm x 17cm x 11cm. Ship to the US. Any recommendations?

I agree with Martin: use DHL. Up to 31.5kg from Germany to the USA costs 105.99 Euros. The seller has to box it and bring it to any Deutsche Post office in Germany. They also need to fill out a customs declaration form.

Richard, funny that you should mention Kühne and Nagel. They are the company that shipped my Studer RHU 450 from Switzerland to Germany. Cost was around 400 Euros plus customs fees.

Back