What's new
What's new

problem with Z axis in DECKEL FP4A

jograniero

Plastic
Well, i eliminated the dialog 11 control from my fp4a by one that i bought in ebay.
After, i calibrated the x and y axis, i have a problem with z axis. The servo motor runs in both directions but the table doesnt move up or down....
It looks how the screw runs free. is there a clutch between the screw and time pulley...
Someone knows, how i should do to repair it, or have some mechanical plane to disarm the z axis.
thanks....

Well, i eliminated the dialog 11 control from my fp4a by one that i bought in ebay.
After, i calibrated the x and y axis, i have a problem with z axis. The servo motor runs in both directions but the table doesnt move up or down....
It looks how the screw runs free. is there a clutch between the screw and time pulley...
Someone knows, how i should do to repair it, or have some mechanical plane to disarm the z axis.
thanks....
I hope by "eliminated" you actually mean you "repaired" ? Re Z, highly unlikely there is a clutch...there isn't on FP2A/D11 anyway. I suspect your ball nut lost it's balls somehow. There is a topic on here somewhere, where Ross shows how to disassemble the Z axis screw and nut.... Ross ??

Don't know anything about the "A" family of machines......

My first move would be to remove the access cover on the "Z" servo where the belt is and watch it.....
When the servo runs is the belt moving?

If the belt is moving and the slide is not you need to look deeper. Pull the telescoping cover down off the screw and restrain using a bolt in the hole in the screw support.
Is the screw turning or stationary... Should be stationary while the nut turns.....
Start eliminating problems and report back....
Cheers Ross

jograniero

I have FP4A. First, pull motor, check for torn belt, or loose sprocket pulley on motor shaft and ball screw. Then turn ball screw -check for resistance. Deckel used compression sleeves which grip toothed sprocket on some models. That means output shaft on axis motor may not have key. Bridgeport used this system on EZ path and EZ trac machines---with many problems due to slippage.

I have parts and wiring manual for FP3A/FP4A--courtesy of Chris L--Central Utah Tool. Large format document--40 centimeter pages. Deckel document number 704-0001-502. January, 1990, Rev B. Difficult to scan. But in next few days I should be able to copy and make available for download.

The other gentlemen providing comments are experts. I mostly learn by doing bad things to machine. ;)

jh

First Cut Block Of wood 4" x 4" from bottom casting of machine to the bottom casting of Z axis so Z does not fall on you while you are working under the machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
DD

i have still troubles...i checked motor`z was ok. this turns in both sense.
The timing belt is ok.
THe sprocket of the screw`z turns "free". This can turn by hand. Really, i think here is the problem. If the table is too heavy, how i can turn this by hand?
Look that, the table did not arrive to final, that means, how came the nut does not screw?
If i have to disarm the axis`z , how i do this....someone has a plans...

thanks a lot

Finally to arrive to Z axis,I disarmed each axis, and i found a allens screw that keep the z axis screw broken, where works balls nut . Terrible.....i had to disarm an half machine to change the allens screw....a lot of work....:cheers:

Back