What's new
What's new

Roll call- How many CNC Deckel owners here ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious as it seems like the only ones that particpate on a regular basis are Ross, Alan, DD, Martin and me. (Sean has some of course, but he rarely participates anymore)

Who am I forgetting ? And who is lurking ?

Can i post as an alias if i have more than one...(man this could be considered a sickness)
Better question might be how many Deckel CNC owners here that are actually using their machines. I know that GM pokes his head in here from time to time (he is a real Deckel DMG guy) then there is Martin and Matt. There are some others but not on a regular basis.
Cheers Ross

Better question might be how many Deckel CNC owners here that are actually using their machines
Not a "better" question IMHO, but definitely a good question. Of course there are thousands of them "out there" using them on a daily basis, expecially the larger FP50 Dialog 11 and DMU series machines, but it is amazing so few of them are members here.

I wonder if the typical CNC Deckel owner/user is not of a personality inclined to be interested in conversing on a public forum about their machines, never has any questions or issues with their machine, simply too busy, or just hasn't found out about this place yet ? :confused:

Well there must be a thousand just in the US and 10000 just in Germany, but most just do not care on which machine they push the buttons.
A minute number of those would have enough private interest to stumble over this Forum.
And of those the vast majority will not post on the Forum.
Yes indeed, from experience I know that there are a lot more lurkers "on" this Forum than there are posters "to" this Forum. This results for example in a person sending me an e-mail out of nowhere like "hey dude, find me an FP1 riser and send it to me in Thailand/Texas/Australia, cheers ChipShaver".
This has happened several times to me and I do not even know who they are (with the regular posters on the Forum I sort of feel I know them).

I had just thought of this yesterday actually, I need to get Friedrich Deckel Coffee mugs made and then invite anyone who sends me a picture of their machine to get a free coffee mug from me.
I bet that would get people out of the bushes.
I wonder what that would cost me.

Other Forum's require registration to read it and then display loged in members btw.

I need to get Friedrich Deckel Coffee mugs made and then invite anyone who sends me a picture of their machine to get a free coffee mug from me.
I bet that would get people out of the bushes.
LOL !
I know what you mean about lurkers and emails. One nice fellow in Austrialia emailed me numerous times early on in my Dialog 11 troubles, as he has a D11 machine also. The whole time I'm wondering why he was emailing when he could have been posting here, where his responses might help future D11 owners that stumble upon the forum...since he was obviously following the threads here... :confused:

I may participate, but I'm a "wanna-be". I have (kinda-sorta) owned an FP2NC that I never saw. Now I own an FP3NC that I've never seen. What does that say? Sick.... Sad.... Pathetic... (all of the above).

I plan on correcting this situation during the summer... Nooooo, not selling, just moving her in.

--Alan

I still have my 1984 FP4NC. It is working very well holding the front floor of the machine shop down. I have made progress getting the pc to talk to the new scl500. Now I am on my way to learning how to write a ladder program. At this pace I will be throwing chips around this time next year...I refuse to give up!!!

SCL500.JPG

:confused:

Don, are you a guy that knows the sales designation of fishing reels? I am not sure if this is good or bad.
I am sure Chris is talking about his new Mercedes. Slick, that new 500.
And cool that he can load programs to and from it. Can he plot progress with his onboard instrumentation? That must be distracting while driving.

Don, are you a guy that knows the sales designation of fishing reels? I am not sure if this is good or bad.
Nah, I input SCL500 at Google and that's about all that came up. I thought the Mercedes was SL500...is there a "C" version also ?

When are you going to tell us the saga of your move ? Are your European green children connected to the Phase Perfect Alabammy grid yet ??

===============================================

Markus, please post a photo of that puppy in the Schaublin registry (Schaublin Forum) I didn't know you owned such...did you buy it recently ?

I'm here. Use the DMU 80T every day and the Gildemister lathe often. Sold my 50T awhile back. I lurk in here every couple of days and it's a constant reminder of how much I don't know.

Gary M.

Hi,I often use my Deckel fp4nc (dialog2)at home.
to make reproduction old motorcycle parts.
I bought this machine about 2 years ago from a machineshop in my area, it needed a new servo- motor for the x axle when i bought it .I repaired it (milled a new motorhousing from solid aluminium and replaced the tacho) and now it is doing it's job again.
I have job, as toolmaker,at a shop where we make turbine blades and there we use 2 DMC80H's and 3 DMC50H's and a Maho (5 axes) ,other make's are ,4 ferrari's (5 axes),3 Okuma's (4 axes),2 Sigma's (4 axes),1 Heller,2 klopp's.
In the toolroom, I use a klopp korradi(4axes) with a heidenhain control.
Because of the high maintainance costs of these DMC's and Maho,the Okuma's become more popular at my college's.

Ysbrand Huisman.

Hi
I am just about to become a happy owner of a FP3NC.
It is sold from a bankcrupy sale in Norway. Price is ca $6000. I think that is reasonable. Don't yet know the state though.
As I'm new to this nice place,let me introuce myself. I am self employed working in areas of HiFi amps, computer controls for concrete mixing, fire hose cleaners and electronic hydraulic controls. Just to mention a few.
I am quite good with electronics, I have fixed a friends FP3NC, the monitor just showed lower half.
Easy fixed, though I thought the capacitor was pricey, $2. I would be glad to cooperate with anyone iin need of help with electronics, just as I am sure someone can help me out with the mechanial stuff.

Andreas

Hello All,

Own an FP3NC with a Dialog 4.
Currently working all the bugs out.
Spend most of my time here learning about the finer points of Deckel ownership.

Will

(
I have a thousand questions about even more issues and very little time for any of them. :confused: )

Back