What's new
What's new

FP3NC Arrives (large)

AlfaGTA

Diamond
Been busy (sorry Don that i haven't responded). Just unloaded the latest machine that literaly fell into my hands.

Intended to be a machine for the home shop it will require some repairs, but being a late "flip head" high speed vertical spindle i figured that the effort might be worth the effort.

FP3NC2.JPG

Looks pretty OK in this shot, but look further....This machine was dammaged in a move before it came to me. Has some broken pannels, a shattered oil resivour on the lube pump , a broken "X" axis handwheel and a question about the condition of the "X" ballscrerw.

This is a Dialog4 machine, and yes i do have the control and electrical cabinet.

FP3NC3.JPG

FP3NC4.JPG

Needs some body work on the chip pan as well, but the upper panels were not on the machine when the dammage happened so they look OK.

FP3NC5.JPG

Oh yes the motor brake was removed and currently is not accounted for, but the previous owner is looking for it....

Machine came from the Kent Washington area and i had to arrange rigging and transport to get it here.....Sorry no photos of the machine on the truck...was too excited to remember to snap any when it arrived.

Used a good frreight broker that Don Sentner put me on to. I'm OK freight was easy to work with and the rates they got i think were fine. The move went portal to portal with no terminals in between and it came in a roll back covered trailer so no weather dammage.

Now i have an FP2NC, an FP3NC and my trusty, ever faithful FP4NC...
Martin, its not an FP5 , but i am pretty excited
Cheers Ross

Last edited:
Wow, except for damage looks like new. How the heck could a Deckel base/coolant recess be *that* clean ? (you didn't pull out the Greased Lightning just prior to photo shoot did you ? ;) )

Wow, except for damage looks like new. How the heck could a Deckel base/coolant recess be *that* clean ? (you didn't pull out the Greased Lightning just prior to photo shoot did you ? ;) )
D: no cleaning on this one yet. Still has the coolant tank and the remains of the side covers in the chip pan...the table is on a pallet.
Cheers Ross

Ross, did you buy it undamaged and it got damaged after purchase... or did you buy it already damaged (and therefore, screamin deal cheap) ?

Nice catch! That would be an overwhelming project for me, given I barely have time to turn my NC on during the weekends now. How are the Z ways? How to you come to own it?

Nice catch! That would be an overwhelming project for me, given I barely have time to turn my NC on during the weekends now. How are the Z ways? How to you come to own it?

Rich , yes time is an issue here but i just couldn't pass on this one being as i was looking for an FP3 for the home front and the high speed option made the difference. Unfornatuly has the plain table, but perhaps one day i will trip on one of those, you never know.

I came by the machine because i had done some business with the owner some time ago and he asken me if i would be interested in it. He needed to get it out of a storage facility and stop paying rent, so it was time critical....was a bit luke warm about it all until he sent me some photos and i saw the head....
Cheers Ross

Very nice Ross.... I'm glad it all worked out. Too bad it didn't work out to have my FP3NC on the truck at the same time. Who knows, we might have been delivering FP1NCs in about 9 months or so! :D

Alan

Maybe I should have said Aciera F1s as that really would have been tiny. Plus, they actually did make an F1CNC, although I've never seen one, or even heard about one being for sale. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that I got the sales brochure from you, Don, that showed the F1CNC (it is on the DVD for those interested in seeing a baby CNC).

For those geographically challenged, Ross' machine shown here came within about 40 miles of the FP3NC I have sitting in Coos Bay as his machine traveled down Interstate 5. And the destination for Ross' machine is relatively close to me too. Having two brothers on the same truck *almost* came to fruitition, but the timing was a little too tight. Oh well...

--Alan

Maybe I should have said Aciera F1s as that really would have been tiny. Plus, they actually did make an F1CNC, although I've never seen one, or even heard about one being for sale. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that I got the sales brochure from you, Don, that showed the F1CNC (it is on the DVD for those interested in seeing a baby CNC).
Having two brothers on the same truck *almost* came to fruitition, but the timing was a little too tight. Oh well...
Now just hold on a cotton pickin moment... we go from two lovers to two brothers ? If back to lovers, more perplexing questions arise...such as, how do we know the gestation period of a Deckel and did Ross get the mamma or the daddy ?

On second thought , never mind...don't want to go there.....
Cheers Ross

Now just hold on a cotton pickin moment... we go from two lovers to two brothers ? If back to lovers, more perplexing questions arise...such as, how do we know the gestation period of a Deckel and did Ross get the mamma or the daddy ?

I used to have that exact machine with Dialog 4 like yours Ross but with the cnc rotary table. Sometimes wish I hadn't sold it (actually traded it in on a newer machine). With the horz. spindle and rotary table you could do some pretty neat stuff like cam slots and four sides of a part.

Gary M.

Gary:
Yea but i bet yours looked a tad better than this one. Needs some help , but somedy i hope it is up and running. I will know more when i get a chance ot inspect the vertical ways closer.
Gary, what is it that is pictured in your avatar...can't quite make it out.
Cheers Ross

Ross, I'm sure you'll have that baby looking like new in no time :)

Avatar photo is of a steel tube I turned on my old NEF 520 (I traded that machine in for my current CTX 410 lathe). I then mounted it on the old DMU50T (sold that one also) with a Stevens Eng. Vee blocks with chain clamping mechanism. Tilted up the manual tilting table 90 deg. drilled and rigid tapped twelve 1/2-13 holes on one end, then rotated table, and did the same on the other end. Nice for keeping the two patterns in relation to each other. I don't miss that machine to much because it was a pain to manually unbolt, tilt and or rotate then re-bolt the table. The newer style 50T has a programmable powered rotary and tilt table option. Very nice for 3+2 machining. Maybe my next machine :D

Here are a couple links to better images;

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/GMBPSP/?action=view&current=TiltFinished.jpg

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/GMBPSP/?action=view&current=TableTilt.jpg

Gary M.

Back