What's new
What's new

She's b-a-a-a-a-c-k!!! (Reliable's FP4NC)

My bet is that the high bidder was unaware of this forum and DD, and was put off by what he found out from DMG re future parts and service, after buying it and backed out. If he happened to get ahold of Volker Spitz at DMG for example, he would be convinced the machine should be thrown in the dumpster ;)

Of course what would be really interesting would be to find out the new owner did pay and did get it shipped, and only then did he get worried about it and take advantage of Reliables free shipping to return it ! I notice they still are including that free return offer in the ad copy. Reliable may loose $$ on this thing yet !

Based on what I've heard about the machine's condition, if Reliable paid for return shipping, I feel sorry for them. IMHO the $12k sale price was high but not unreasonably high, for a machine that was in known running condition and not all worn out when sold.

Don,

I dont know if you have noticed but Reliable was so impressed with the quality of the photos of your Maho you sold last year. That they included a link to your photos in their current add for a Maho. See the Maho they have listed and look for a link to more photos.

Charles

Charles, I started a whole new topic about just that yesterday...see General New forum...and also my image improvements in my old ad ;)

RK, I agree the price was reasonable, but surprisingly high for eBay based on past examples of NC Deckels sold on eBay. But this was possibly the first NC Deckel presented on ebay with proper photos and a return guarantee, so sorta charting new territory with this one.

Heres one for you guys.

Reliable moved the machine to the new customer and it would not run!

Reliable called me and I helped them by phone.

They never called back after my one conversation so I guess its back operational?

Regards
DD

Yeah and if they fixed it, that still wouldn't explain why it was returned...unless it went to some tweeb who was agast that his "new" Deckel wasn't "perfect" and decided to order a new Haas !

Hello Guys,

I think just the boards needed to be reseated in operators console and main cabinet. I told them some other things more deep than that. But as I said I have not heard back from them. I reconized them and told them my phone consult charge I dunno maybe that scared them !

Regards
DD

Of course, we are all presupposing that the machine actually shipped out. It is entirely possible that someone pseudo-local (i.e. someplace in California) bought the machine and went to look at it in person. They may have changed their mind (cold feet) at that point. Even with the "free return shipping," if I were within a reasonable drive that is what I'd do.

Alan

Of course, we are all presupposing that the machine actually shipped out
Actually Wrench is presupposing that we think that ;) Yeah, couldn't happened that way too. But then it becomes a curiosity the second or third highest bidder didn't step up to the plate and take it.

Just got off the phone with Reliable, I am sending software for npp board in PC, the had error code 38 (softwareon NPP) shipping tomorrow should know friday if fixed.

Regards
DD

Interesting DD. Sounds like the Reliable monster needs to be fed so voraciously they put things up for sale before they even check them out.

Interesting DD. Sounds like the Reliable monster needs to be fed so voraciously they put things up for sale before they even check them out.
That is making the assumption that they would be able to tell if the machine was fully working if they looked at it. In the case of the Deckel, not sure they would have been able to check all functions of that Dialog3 ! In their defence i looked at that machine 3 weeks before the auction and it was running perfectly at that time, so perhaps shippment caused some trouble. Wonder if they blocked the "Z" axis before sending it down the road? Bet not!
Cheers Ross

Yep, and I heard it running by phone on auction day. No squeal!
(Maybe a 10 kHz sound can't get through a cell phone connection?)

My guess is that over-50% of the Deckels shipped are done so without the blocking. No basis for saying this other than observation of "human nature."

Of course... How would not blocking the table be fixed by a software revision? :rolleyes:

Alan

My hunch is that unless you drop the mill onto a hard surface, you'll never exceed the maximum rating of the ball screw assembly by normal g-forces from transport. A bigger worry for me was if the servo brake let go or the timing belt gave up. That would allow the Z-axis to crash to the bottom.

I blocked my Z-axis using a couple rectangles of thick plywood and the scissors jack out of my wife's minivan. You can bet my ears would still be ringing if she got a flat during the time I had stolen her jack (not that she would change a tire anyway, thanks to AAA, but logic doesn't apply in such a situation).

you'll never exceed the maximum rating of the ball screw assembly by normal g-forces from transport.
Not worried about exceeding the rating of the screw but rather the hammering tht a trailer can get going down the concrete slow lane to LA. That constant drumming while going over the expansion and repair joints in the highway can act like a rivet gun on those stationary balls...little dents in the surface that might not be visable by the naked eye. To me it isn't too much different than using a hammer to install a precision bearing on a shaft while beating on the outer race. Here is the perfect application of an ounce of prevention ......Blaw, Blaw.. :D

Cheers Ross

Back