What's new
What's new

Are there *any* last generation Deckel FP2 or 3 mills for sale on Earth right now ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
And to be clear I mean the manual versions only, not NC or A. None on eBay.de, Wallima has none, Singer has none....amazing......any "under the radar" companies have one ?

Fair number of final generation FP1's about, and at least one FP4M and FP4MK.....but can't find a single final generation FP2 or FP3 for sale anywhere.

And to be clear I mean the manual versions only, not NC or A. None on eBay.de, Wallima has none, Singer has none....amazing......any "under the radar" companies have one ?

Fair number of final generation FP1's about, and at least one FP4M and FP4MK.....but can't find a single final generation FP2 or FP3 for sale anywhere.

I suspect you may have provided part of your own answer with the manual only bit. Given that these were expensive machines to start with the additional cost of the controls was probably low enough to justify spending more for greater versatility.

Are there production figures somewhere that would show the percentage of manual machines built in those models?

I suspect you may have provided part of your own answer with the manual only bit. Given that these were expensive machines to start with the additional cost of the controls was probably low enough to justify spending more for greater versatility.

Are there production figures somewhere that would show the percentage of manual machines built in those models?
The other issue is that he demand now for the manual versions is much higher than the demand for the CNC versions. This due to the fact that the manual machines are "forever" lasting but the CNC versions are problematic to keep running these days especially in the US and very slow compared to modern CNC...many have been scrapped.

I'm just shocked to find that even Wallama in Switzerland has no last generation FP2 or FP3 as they had many of them two years ago such that I thought maybe he was just "collecting" them via having the prices so high that no one would ever actually buy one....but apparently they did sell even at those prices. Perhaps FPS's idea to build brand new manual Deckels, even at painfully high prices, was not a bad idea after all.

I'm just shocked to find that even Wallama in Switzerland has no last generation FP2 or FP3

Switzerland is not a Deckel territory so in my opinion, Wallima is not exactly the very best place to look for one.
Of course they have some, but you're much more likely to find swiss machines in Switzerland, than german ones.

That said, are you sure Wallima doesn't have one ?
IIRC, when we were there with Peter by the end of 2015, there were much more machines in the shop, than I ever saw advertised on the net or their website.
Now if you positively asked Herr Dracca and he told you he has none, that's another story.

Now if you positively asked Herr Dracca and he told you he has none, that's another story.
No but they at least used to be really on the ball with their videos and such so I assumed they would be similarly on the ball with inventory lists on their website. But in case not, I did email them earlier this morning to ask.

Regarding more Deckels in Germany.....perhaps so but in viewing Wallima's website over the years they typically had way more manual Activ Deckels listed for sale than F. Singer had advertised. Singer may have had more Deckels overall, but Wallima had more of the last generation versions.

Also Luthy in Switzerland had the motherlode of the newest of the newest Deckel FP1's w/the mythical 123 control about a year ago and sold them all. (can't remember now how many they had...at least 4 of them...maybe twice that many...apparently all from the same technical school)

Harich seems to have a FP3 FP3L and a FP2
All active
(My commision is just 5%:stirthepot:)

Peter
Interesting.....what a shame they are painted such stupid colors however....are they involved with FPS somehow ?

Also interesting to see the first ever "added C axis display" besides the one that Ross did (that I ended up with)..... on the FP4MK they have with universal table. Ross's angular display was a much nicer model, and he did a better job of mounting it. Plus Harich left off the covers for the dial indicators on the table.

Wow...looks like a cool place....but I presume the photo of Deckels is what they used to have, not what they have now.

It is interesting that the Deckel closest to view is a final generation FP2 but with current model ND780 DRO. I had assumed that only the USA got last generation Deckels without Activ DRO (because the first Activ was the TNC111, which was metric only...thus, no good for USA market) but I forgot that the first few years of the final generation you could buy a machine with no DRO at all, which I suspect was the case with that one...they probably added all scales and the ND780 later.

Are they losing that many swarf trays over there? :confused: The MK does have those odd coolant catch tanks on the ends of the universal I suppose.

Sheesh, now the issue becomes not only finding a final generation FP2 or FP3 over there, but finding one that isn't screwed up by painting it some gawd awful color combo.

I am back on the east coast after spending 3.5 weeks in California.

I have an FP2 that will be for sale,it is a rotary dial machine. Unfortunately the machine does not have many accessories. It has always had the Z axis bellows cover. I will be picking it up after the holiday this week. I think I have a picture that I will post once I find it since changing all my computers to macs some things are still on windoze computer.

Regards
DD

Back