What's new
What's new

Walter rotab collet chuck -- what type?

Turner_Whitworth

Aluminum
I have a very nice, circa 1960s Walter SHU4 tilting rotary table that came with a number of attachments. Among them is a collet chuck that I have not yet had occasion to use, which is just as well since I don't have any collets that suit.

The chuck is not marked with a type number. Can anyone have a similar Walter device tell me which collets I need, before I spend an hour in remedial metrology? Any guidance appreciated.

I have a very nice, circa 1960s Walter SHU4 tilting rotary table that came with a number of attachments. Among them is a collet chuck that I have not yet had occasion to use
I have a Walther with model nameplate SHUIV, which I take to be the same as SHU4. If yours is configured the same way mine is, the collet type is B42.

I have a Walther with model nameplate SHUIV, which I take to be the same as SHU4. If yours is configured the same way mine is, the collet type is B42.

Thanks for the reply to my antique post-- I still had not got around to answering this question, so your reply is very helpful!

Back