What's new
What's new

Will late-model Aciera F5 slotting head fit early-model machine?

rklopp

Diamond
Does anyone know whether a late model Aciera F5 slotting head will fit an early-model F5 mill? The last-generation F5 design included an alignment pin and slot in the lower right corner of the ram face. The earlier generations used a tapered dowel in the lower left corner of the ram face. I am wondering whether the bolt hole spacing is the same, and the dog clutch dimensions are the same. The Aciera design relies on a retractable pilot bushing around the dog clutch to center the accessory heads on the face of the ram. The alignment dowel and pin and slot are not necessary, as the heads can be trammed manually. Unlike in the photo, the overarm is retracted fully out of the way when mounting accessory heads.

IMG_1433.jpg

Hi,
I finally had some time to spend here at the forum and found your thread. Did you already get the measurements you needed?

This is what mine looks like.
Let me know if you need any measurements?
Aciera-F5-EnzioRDM-20170622-Horizontal-Spindle.jpg

I am about to find out whether a late-model slotting attachment fits an early-model F5, because an attachment is in a crate coming to me from Switzerland via New York! Based on your photo (and others), I am fairly certain it will fit. The crate also contains a late model fixed table with 7 T-slots.

The crate is supposed to show up this Friday, but I won't have a chance to check out what I got for another week. I will write more and provide photos about these acquisitions when I get a chance.

The answer is yes, the late-model slotting head fits the early-model F5. I got my pallet with table and slotting head from Switzerland today. Both look like they have never been used! Even with the cost of shipping, I really scored. I have photos that I will post when I am on a computer.

The answer is yes, the late-model slotting head fits the early-model F5. I got my pallet with table and slotting head from Switzerland today. Both look like they have never been used! Even with the cost of shipping, I really scored. I have photos that I will post when I am on a computer.

35a0f43de52faea3ff58cb6af5f013e4.jpg
749f2a833e9603e3260a5e027a8a0744.jpg
f28f70f71cde7e8c75c0cafdf7efef6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back