What's new
What's new

Anyone familiar with the Gildemeister EPL Control?

gregormarwick

Diamond
I have a Gildemeister NEF CT40 with an EPL 1 control. I while back I was trying to hook it up to rs232 so I could DNC to it like the other machines. Simply put, I couldn't get it to communicate and spent many hours scouring the net for any info on this control, but drew a complete blank. I have the full electrical schematics including the rs232 interface and made up a cable from those.

Aside from basic programming I know very little about this control, and if any of you are familiar with it I'd love to hear any wisdom you have to share, especially if it concerns serial comms setup!

Despite it's age, it's really a nice machine with an indexing splindle and live tools, and I'd really like to find out as much as I can about the control.

Thanks, Gregor

Is the EPL the Electropilot control?Have you asked Gildemeister UK for info?I`ve always avoided them cos a dealer told me years ago they were trouble.
Mark.

I think so, or maybe a precursor. I've seen lathes like this one with EPL 1 and EPL 2 controls. I have heard from someone I know that the controls were a pain if anything went wrong, but I think that was mainly because service is scarce. They certainly don't seem to be a common control. Thankfully mine is working perfectly, at least for the time being!

I have complete documentation for the lathe and the control, including full schematics, pretty much everything that comprises "official" info I think.

Back