What's new
What's new

Back to Maho MH800C startup issues

macona

Diamond
OK, parameters are in and the machine is happy. Now the thing will only start maybe once out of 50-100 times of doing the startup sequence. I dont have schematics or the ladder so I am flying blind. And since I have never seen a fully working machine I dont know how it should respond when pushing the hydraulics button. Is the hydraulic pump motor supposed to come on and stay on for a short period with a momentary press or only stay on as long as the button is pressed? When I hit clear you can hear contactors closing and sometime there is a delay and I 05 disappears from the screen and then pops back up a second later. other times it just clicks and nothing changes on the screen.

What kind of control?
The usual Maho control..... Phillips 432. I ask again...do you have the MANUALS for this machine ? If you don't, you will be asking questions like this forever.... there is a screwball sequence where you have to press the on and clear buttons at the same time as I recall....but I forget now....it is in the MANUALS !!

Yes, I have all the manuals for it except for schematics/ladders. To start it you press the hydraulics start button and it supposed to start and stop and then you are supposed to hit start and clear within 5 seconds for it to start up. I follow the sequence exactly and maybe 1 time out of a hundred does it actually "catch" and run. Not the estop chain, that prevents the hydraulic pump from even switching on.

Yes, I have all the manuals for it except for schematics/ladders. To start it you press the hydraulics start button and it supposed to start and stop and then you are supposed to hit start and clear within 5 seconds for it to start up. I follow the sequence exactly and maybe 1 time out of a hundred does it actually "catch" and run. Not the estop chain, that prevents the hydraulic pump from even switching on.
I vaguely recall this happening to me years ago and equally vaguely recall a hydraulic pressure sensor located behind the sheet metal lower right side (rear) that wasn't working properly or had a leak. As with Deckels and D11 controls, it's best to have two of the machines so you can swap parts around to test things like that. The sensor was a generic German make available in the US from a distributor other than DMG for not much money.

I was wondering if there was a pressure sensor someplace. A quick look didnt reveal one, I am heading there again tonight to try again.

I was wondering if there was a pressure sensor someplace. A quick look didnt reveal one, I am heading there again tonight to try again.
Do Karl's (Maho Doctor) phone numbers work ? Always amazed me that out of the whole freakin country there were only two independent Deckel and Maho guys. And only two well known Deckel guys in Germany... FPS and Franz Singer. No Maho folks in Germany anymore...none that keep a decent profile anyway...probably some under the radar...

Ill try him monday.

Went and worked on the machine a bit more today. It came up when cold and I was able to check runout on the spindle taper and the axes run smooth too. Tried to ref the machine out and found I had a wrong parameter for the soft limit in X, the guy reading out the parameters to me didn't say it was negative. So fixed that which reset the machine and its back to not starting up again.

Checked the pressure switch and it is working. I expected to see a response from the switch in the PLC monitor screen but nothing, it must be tied in at a higher level. One of the guys I used to work with at Davis Tool has some contacts that might be able to help too.

Ill try him monday.

Went and worked on the machine a bit more today. It came up when cold and I was able to check runout on the spindle taper and the axes run smooth too. Tried to ref the machine out and found I had a wrong parameter for the soft limit in X, the guy reading out the parameters to me didn't say it was negative. So fixed that which reset the machine and its back to not starting up again.

Checked the pressure switch and it is working. I expected to see a response from the switch in the PLC monitor screen but nothing, it must be tied in at a higher level. One of the guys I used to work with at Davis Tool has some contacts that might be able to help too.

I suspect I purchased this very machine. Came out of Beaverton Oregon. I loaded the constants and got the hydraulics up but I'm getting an E171 error. Cabin door... I have the doors bypassed on my other two maho machines. I can't figure this one out because the electrical prints that came with the machine are missing related pages. Diagrams are quite different.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Can't find Karls number as he may have a manual we can purchase.

Osh M.

Back