Largest Manufacturing Technology
Community On The Web
Close
Login to Your Account

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Confused about lineup

Browsing machines, drooling over stuff I'd buy if I won a particularly large lottery...

I'm very confused about DMG Mori's machines. Turn-Mill for instance. They list 3 lines: CTX, NTX and NT. Does the NT even exist anymore? I got the impression that was their old generation, to be retired. If so, why is it still there? (Globally, I checked different countries' websites)

And is the ctx the "budget" version? Or are they just "different"? Does the ctx come from the dmg heritage and the nt(x) from Mori?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think CTX was a style of lathe for DMG for some time. CTXEco is the "value" version of the same lathe - very similar to the German lathe (a few diffs) but made in PRC or Poland (I have a CTX Eco) CTX Eco is "budget" but seems to me that CTX might or might not be.

NT was the Mori Lathe with b-axis head.

Not sure the origin of NTX.

Things won't go away if customers want them....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, cool. As far as I know the x suffix is just the next generation - and they mostly existed as mori seiki prior to the merge.

I wish it was easier to find data on machines on builders' websites, but I suppose they don't care too much about tire kickers and would rather start a dialog with anyone serious so they can start applying sales pressure.

Country
    AFGHANISTAN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Isent the NT still the best? And the ntx a newer cheaper machine? I have some years in NT's really fun machine to play with

Sent fra min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JMillar View Post
    Browsing machines, drooling over stuff I'd buy if I won a particularly large lottery...

I'm very confused about DMG Mori's machines. Turn-Mill for instance. They list 3 lines: CTX, NTX and NT. Does the NT even exist anymore? I got the impression that was their old generation, to be retired. If so, why is it still there? (Globally, I checked different countries' websites)

And is the ctx the "budget" version? Or are they just "different"? Does the ctx come from the dmg heritage and the nt(x) from Mori?
    I could go more in depth. But In short, all of these machines existed before the merger. Both companies were/are on the cutting edge of small/medium mill turns.

So each company had a few models to cover a a few areas.

The Ctx beta tc= DMG smaller entry level,Iron bed, Graziano(except 2000 is old gamma, mineral cast bed)

CTX GammaTC = DMG larger top class, mineral cast bed, Bielefeld

NTX= Mori smaller iron 3 point bed(still over 33k lbs.), more compact, minimal foundation needed, target market= medical etc.

NT= Mori Large heavy Iron bed, Box in Box concept same as ntx but more profound, will need a decent foundation.

DMG CTX TC = Seimens

Mori NT/NTX = Fanuc

Country
    NORWAY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

CTX existed in the Gildemeister lineup. The packaging is different now but the specs are not that different.
    NTX: Bed/ways.
    CTX: Linear ways.
    Over here you can get Siemens or Heidenhain on NTX too.

7. Likes Demon73 liked this post