What's new
What's new

Connecting MORI-SERVER DSN

Kaszub

Hot Rolled
Trying to get MORI-SERVER DSN on a WIN10 PC and DMC 1035 with M730BM control to work.
It works fine from PC to the machine, I can send, receive, list dir and delete programs in control but not the other way around.

Anyone got this working?

Thats a first for me.
I NEVER, ever, ever heard of a one-way cable error..

And yes, I should know, with lots of experience.
The problem may actually be switch/hub related.

If it repeats try another switch.
More expensive is not better.
Glad its solved.

Got it working. Redoing my network cable solved the problem.

First for me too. After reading manual and setting everything by the book, rebooting Linksys, my pc and the machine I run out options. So today in the morning just recrimped both ends of my CAt 5 cable and now it works.

But equally, its the seating in the linksys, or resetting of the arp tables that cleared it.
Or timeouts on arp.
Or buggy firmware in linksys, common to all switches/routers.

Just mentioning it for the future.
I had tens of thousands of ports and millions of hours composite usage in telecoms stuff, from which I drew experience.
We "knew" a lot of stuff as network operators, that "just is".
Often, not why, but just that doing A vs B works much better, in the aggregate.

So thats why I suspect(ed) the real gremlin was not the cable.
No criticism at all implied or meant, just a data point.

Best,
h-

Got it working. Redoing my network cable solved the problem.

Guess the problem is still there. WIN10 pc MORIServer DSN is working both ways after starting it as regular user. If I start it as admin it has communication errors.

Details, like tolerances, are * really critical * on networking.

If you are on a small network, less than 24 ports (We dont know ??)
buy a small netgear switch, of 1 GBs.

Switch it.
Restart everything.

I think 50-70% prob, the problem is gone.

At need, replace every patch cable from PCs and the machines, and make very very sure to cut them in 2 and throw them away (or bag them, so they don't or cannot get mixed. Or buy colored cables).
And at the switch if at need.

(I would not, maybe, need to swap the cables, but might do so anyway.
I have expensive measuring equipment. 20x4$ patch cables is much cheaper than an expert only-arriving, with zero work hours, so far.
In IT, usually the best minimax choice is fix-it-cheap, rather than try to find out who/what is "guilty".
(I used to (sometimes do) sell and deliver good/cheap IT solutions to expensive environments. (My work costs 1000€/hr, and clients get 10x more in realized profit in no-cure-no-pay, just like lloyds)))

More expensive switches are not better (generally).
No, .. they are not. Really.
I have saved a client 1.5M£ proving this.

Once you swap the switch, keep old for emergency-use, but only for short time (1 wk or so).
Then break if physically, throw it away.
This is a Very Good Idea:
If the new switch fixed It, buy a second *identical* one, and store it nearby, for security/backup.

If you need help PM me.
Help is free.

(I don´t really need or want new IT business.I help people on PM cause I got/get a lot out of it myself.)

OK to clarify it is a Dell T5810 workstation with 2 users (USER1) has admin rights (USER2) is a standard user connected to a Dell 24 ports switch and that is connected to a CISCO/Linksys WRT wireless router/switch. The software was installed by USER1 with admin rights.

So USER1 logs in to win10 and starts up the MORIServer DSN..(now at DMGMORI CNC) control cant connect save or load any files.
USER1 terminates app, logs off. USER2 logs in and starts up the MORISERVER DSN .....DMGMORI CNC control connects fine and I can transfer files both ways just fine.
I am not sure it is a hardware/cable issue. Have another workstation on this network but with WIN XP and same software works fine for all users.

Good detail.

Repeat.
Try the switch.

Why ?
If the cable had an effect, the switch is more likely to, as well...

Then, it gets to win10 issues.

I don´t yet know of the win10 details.

Its likely, again, ports and udp / tcp protocols, like W7/W8.

Moriserver not showing more than 100 programs in the list.

I'm sorry to ressurect/hijack this thread but I've a question regarding mori server. We use moriserver + dataserver on win 7 machine the problem is the list shows right until it hits 100 after 100 it just shows 100. it can be like 1000s of programs inside data server but moriserver shows just 100. I have checked ini files nothing can i add some parameters or does moriserver not support dataserver(16i) and just mapps or something. The odd thing is I CAN see more than 100 progs from machine. So something is missing I dont know what mori/dmg cant figure out what.

How many programs do you have in your machine? (is it fanuc or mits with MAPPS) the problem is with viewing program names on your PC or when you at your machine?
mine is a mits base control with MAPPS IV and Mori-Server Ver 5.10.0 WIN10 in SET/MACHINE INFORMATION ( select your machine) -> CHANGE in I/O DEVICE i have selected MAPPS
(nothing else works for me)and been working fine for close to 2 years.

We just have like 15 short programs IN the machine but the thing is we make die moulds with couple hundred thousand of blocks so mori/dmg made us buy a data server (1gb) for like more than 3000usd back in 12/13 and all our programs are saved there. The machine is mori nv4000 with fanuc controller (mapps iii) . Moriserver v6.0.3. In the i/o device we have dataserver 16i (all installed by dmg technicians) . What I dont get is why cant we run program from usb or compact flash or use moriseiki's hard drive? Is it mapps/fanuc's restriction or is it their way of milking money coz it IS running customized xp with mapps overlay that hard drive got to have so extra space. I mean our dmu 85 and dmc both utilizes it. Well its heidenhien but still dmg.

To use hard drive storage to run programs you need to be in DNC mode, thats what i use with large files.
Can not run from USB.

Trying to get MORI-SERVER DSN on a WIN10 PC and DMC 1035 with M730BM control to work.
It works fine from PC to the machine, I can send, receive, list dir and delete programs in control but not the other way around.

Anyone got this working?
do you have parameter list for your machine? may be i can help to identify the problem

Back