What's new
What's new

Default Mori MV-40B Zero Return Error on Tool Change Command

blkaplan

Cast Iron
I am trying to perform a tool change by running T3; M6; and I get a PMC error 104 that the Y & Z are not at the zero positions. Both Y and Z have been Zero'd and the LEDs on the controller indicate they are at Zero. The ATC also indicates its at the home position.

If i go into ATC manual mode, I can get the pot to go up and down but it will not move the arm, the arm forward position led is already illuminated. If I manually move the ATC out of position, the ATC manual mode forward and reverse buttons will work until the machine returns home and they stop working.

Any clues?

I've been talking to Mori for the last few days with no progress. I have put the machine into G30 as well as g28 Z0. Y0. and still get the error.

When i perform a g30 Z0. command the Z Axis 0 Indicator does not illuminate, it does w/ g28.

Think I figured out the issue, one of the KEEPRLY address was off from my backup notes, not sure how that happened and why it was seemingly working and then stopped working but it seems to be go time.

One bit was set to use a safe Y and Z position that weren't in the Home positions, im not sure exactly what those positions are or where they are set but disabling that safety check fixed it.

Last edited:

Back