What's new
What's new

Fanuc Power Mate editing of parameters with pendant - basic questions

llf264

Cast Iron
Hi guys, in working through some of the issues with starting up a 2000 SH-503 Mori Seiki HMC, I have been directed to change some parameter settings with the pendant.

I have noticed that the pendant screen shows &0001, &0002,...,&000n where &000n is just a long string of he various settings in the systems memory. I also see the same number options as @0001, @0002,..., @000n.

Can anyone fill me in on what the "&" numbers and the "@" numbers represent?

Next, even though I have PWE=1, and proven to be accepted by the fanuc system by it displaying alarm 100 to indicate to be careful becauseparameters can be edited, I have not figured out the right key combination which will allow me to change the bit values in a particular parameter. As an example, on the pendant, I can type in 0001000 in what looks to be the editing field for a specific parameter, but the write button doesn't seem to effect the value displayed. I have tried, the input button as well.

Does anyone know if the Power Mate E requires a seperate dip switch or something to allow the Power Mate pendant to update a parameter?

Solved: the "@" and the "&" symbol mystery preceding numbers has been solved. "@" precedes parameters on the model E Power Mate, and the "&" symbol precedes parameters on the F model Power Mate when reading from the Power Mate pendant.

Back