What's new
What's new

Help getting G-code into an old Mori Seiki SL-2H Yasnac LX1

fastmike75

Plastic
Totally green newbie here. Have spent the last 5 months cleaning and rebuilding an old 1984 Mori Seiki SL-2H CNC lathe with Yasnac LX1 controls. Brought it back from a dead computer battery and years of neglect. It is original (except for LED light) and everything works! Got a lot of information from this site to get it going. Thanks to everyone that contributes to this great site!

I need the machine to make some gear blanks that I need really bad. Have been months studying the CNC programming handbook by Peter Smid. I have my G-code program written and I can't find a way to get the machine to save it. It has a paper tape reader to save code. I have tried every combination of buttons to get the machine to run my code. Can use the MDI mode to type in and run lines of code but soon as I switch to mem or edit to save, the program is deleted. Can anyone please help me get my machine to work? There is a RS232 port below the tape reader, is there a way to get software to send the G-code to the computer to save? I only have a few parts to make I don't mind typing the program in if I can get help saving it to the memory. Thank for any help!

Have a lot of information and documentation on this SL-2H machine, excel wiring spreadsheet, wiring drawings for hydraulic turret controls, Parameter lists for SL1-6 Yasnac LX1,2. If anyone needs anything I am happy to share.

Back