What's new
What's new

Maho 500 w CNC 532 Controler

cnc45

Plastic
Hi

I just got a Maho 500W but I am missing sum English manuals, User and operation guide + the programmer.

The machine had claret all the machine parameter due to a defect 6V backup battery, after replays I enter all the parameter manual in it to forever, is it passably to upload the machine parameter over the serial port ?
I have XYZ axis up and running and can run a ref, but the B axis roundtable is not moving.
I hear a lot of noise from the hydraulic pump when moving the B axis, any ide on this ?

You can download the constants list to PC and upload them back via serial if you have the proper cable and proper settings.

You have a Proccess button or something like that, press it twice (if I remember well) and using the Communication menu you can transfer the constants to PC or from PC.

To load the constants from PC you will also have to switch the N80 constant to C1.

Oh yes, I can receive data to the PC now 

But not transmit data.

I use a simple PC terminal program.
I have setup the Dev1 Com parameter light this.

N900 C1 (RS232C)
N901 C19200 (19200 Baudrate)
N903 C1 (1 Stop Bit)
N904 C30 (Leader/Trailer length)
N905 C0 (Data Ascii)
N906 C1 (Auto code recognition on)
N907 C2 (Flow control xon/xoff)
N908 C8 (Check DTR No)
N80 C1

I trade to-do sum change to the received parameter and send it back but no response at all.
Any ide ?

I have the round table up and running now :-)
I hat a bad hydraulic presser switch in the round table.

Try to lower the baudrate to 9600.

Mine looks like this:

N900 C1
N901 C9600
N903 C1
N904 C30
N905 C1
N906 C1
N907 C2
N908 C1
N910 C1
N911 C2400
N913 C1
N914 C30
N915 C1
N916 C1
N917 C0
N918 C0
N920 C1
N921 C300
N923 C1
N924 C30
N925 C1
N926 C1
N927 C0
N928 C1
N930 C2
N931 C19200

Hi Nylas,

Many thangs for you input:-)

I can send sum data in now max 512 byte and I have to hit the cansel to stop reciving.

What program I you using to send data to the maho ?

\cnc45

If you can receive to your PC with no errors and your paramters and handshaking are correct, then it is probably that you have to send an End of Transmission ASCII code (EOT - ASCII code 004) at the end of a file for the Maho to recognize it as complete. Without the EOT, the Maho will sit there waiting for more data.

To send an EOT, you either need a serial program that can send an EOT at the end of your file for you, or you must put an EOT in the end of your text file using your text editor. For example, I use PC-DNC to upload programs, and in the advanced settings for PC-DNC, I tell it to send an EOT after it has sent the text file.

To do this with a text editor, on the last line of the file (a new line, not on the M30 line), press and hold ALT, then type on your numeric keypad "004" without the quotes. This is the little known way to make Windows generate a character using ASCII codes that you would not otherwise be able to type. The text editor should show a funny character, or if it's a good editor, it'll actually show a symbol that says EOT. Get Notepad++. It shows special characters like this. But all text editors (including Windows Notepad) should support the ALT 004 trick.

If that still doesn't work, then you probably have a handshake problem. You either need to use XON/OFF, or Hardware handshake. Not both, but one or the other must be enabled. Set this in the Maho parmaters, and in your serial program to match each other.

Also, PM me and I can help you with manuals for your 532 controller.

Regards,
Mike

Back