What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki MV-80 hand wheel issue

CNC Farming

Aluminum
Our old big workhorse is an MV-80 with Fanuc 11M controls on it. The hand wheel started acting up and quit working on certain axis. So pulled it out of the box and moved the wires around. If I leave it in this position everything works like it should, so I'm assuming it has a broken wire. Is there a good source for replacing the cable? It only uses 11 of the 14 wires in the cable that is on it. And is there anything more to replacing it then just unhooking it and putting new ends/soldiering the new wires in place? Thanks in advance. First time poster, long time lurker
IMG_2630[1].jpg

Our old big workhorse is an MV-80 with Fanuc 11M controls on it. The hand wheel started acting up and quit working on certain axis. So pulled it out of the box and moved the wires around. If I leave it in this position everything works like it should, so I'm assuming it has a broken wire. Is there a good source for replacing the cable? It only uses 11 of the 14 wires in the cable that is on it. And is there anything more to replacing it then just unhooking it and putting new ends/soldiering the new wires in place? Thanks in advance. First time poster, long time lurker
View attachment 207190

I'd just slide about 6" into the box, strip and reconnect and you should be good to go.

I did as you suggested and everything works normally again. Thanks! Now if only I would have remembered to put the nut on the wires for the cord grip before I soldiered wires back on I wouldn't have had to put a small slit in the nut to get it over the wires. O well it worked lol. Thanks again

Back