What's new
What's new

Mori SL1 how to feed in Inches?

KnoLimitz

Aluminum
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the dumb question, but I have not been able to successfully feed my Machine in Inches per min, it only seems to feed in MM, anyone know what Im doing wrong? Thanks!

Just G20 on a line by itself is what I'd do somewhere at the beginning of the program. G98 G1 X Z F300. should be three hundred inches a minute is what I'm thinking.

Brent

Thanks Brent,

I have tried that, and All I'm getting is really slow feed rates at those input values. I have to put values of say 1500 when doing aluminum, and on my mill I'm only using feed rates in around 20-60 for alum. Even when i put the G20 it doesn't feed at the right rate to relate to inches per min. 20 would feed so slow you could barley see the feed moving

Which control? If it doesn't use decimal points, you'll need to need to use leading/trailing zeros. Ie. it would read 1500 as .15IPM. and 15 as .0015 IPM. (Using 4 places normally for inch)

Its a LX-1 Control, for all my coordinates i put them in inches, and they have decimal points
G1 Z0.0 X.2
G12 X-1.21 K-.1
ECT...
But for feed my numbers always end up high and with no Decimals, so like i said 1500 or so depending on what I'm doing, so maybe that is 15ipm???

Back