What's new
What's new

Mori SL35, trying to troubleshoot no turret clamp

clutch

Hot Rolled
I have a Mori SL35 that has a blinking turret clamp light. Looking at the turret on this thing I find a A,B,D,Z switch in addition to the turret clamp switch.

A and Z are connected to the NC
B,D, and turret clamp are routed to a board that also is fed signals corresponding to what the hydraulic valves are being directed to do. There is an LED light array that shows that B,D, turret clamp are making it to the board. Looking at ladder and manipulating the A and Z switches show that those switches work.

It doesn't seem to be this crazy board, we swapped it both ways and my troubled machine did not start working but my other machine worked with either board.

Can anyone explain the reason for a D phase switch and give any other insights into how this system works.

Thanks,

Clutch

Poked around today. Learned that K15.0 stores a 1 if the last index sequence completed, 0 if not. If K15.0=0, I get a blinking turret clamp light even if the prox is made. Once I set K15.0=1, the turret clamp went solid and we indexed turret and got a few stations before it errored. Playing with adjustment of D phase switch got it to the point we could index around the disc w/o an error.

Hopefully I'll have time to open up our other machine and take a picture of how the switches are adjusted. The D phase prox bracket was bent.

Those switches are just a bastard. You can spend hours dicking with them. Once they are set, they should stay, but sometimes things happen...

Maybe you figured this out, but the switches work basically the same a quadriture on an encoder. By watching which switch gets made first the machine can figure out if the turret is spinning the right way. There should be one longer fin on the stator ring that tells the machine the location of T1.

Back