What's new
What's new

Mori ZT2500 axis need Zero

dieseldoc68

Plastic
We have a Mori machine that we were performing some repairs on and we lost battery power, now it is showing we need to zero two axis on the number one turent and three axis on the number two turent. I have the maintenance manual for the control and have went in and set the #5 bits on parameter 1815 to zero on the axis that require zero, shut the machine down and power up but I am still not able to jog any of the axis either with the buttons or hand wheel.....have seen a couple of threads on similar problems on here but I must not be doing something just right. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

I'm not familiar with this machine specifically, but we have two ZL200's. They are probably very similar.
On our ZL's, they will not let you simply change 1815 bit 5 to a "1", you have to jog the axis first. At least one complete revolution of the encoder. In order to do this you need to got to the operation panel, it should be accessible from the Settings key. There you will (should) find a "Zero set valid/invalid" option. Highlight "valid" and it will allow you to move the axis to the zero point.
With any luck that should allow you to then change 1815 bit 5 to "1"'
-Luke

Back