What's new
What's new

SH503 - Pallet loading/unloading station. One pallet hydrulic port spitting oil

llf264

Cast Iron
Hi guys,

Now that I have a pallet loaded for the first time into the machine, I see two hydraulic ports on the pallet. At startup, when all of the hydraulic systems come online, one of the two ports immediately starts spitting oil a few feet up into the air.

Is one port pressurized during [Jig Clamp] and the other pressurized during [Jig Unclamp] or are both for pressurized at the smae time and for something else? I believe the jig clamp function is active on this machine as a factory installed option, but I am not sure of the logic how it operates. Are the poppets only supposed to allow flow if the center post is depressed by a fixture bolted to the pallet? Or are they on, one or both, all the time?

Does anyone have a rebuild procedure for the valve that installs into the pallet?

I see that the ID of the valve port in the face of the pallet has a loose thread in it. Is this for a plug, or for disassembling the valve once the snap-ring is removed? I screwed a bolt into it but it still leaks so I'm hoping it's leaking past the threads, and not the seals in the valve. I'm going to go through a lot of hydraulic fluid quickly while I trouble shoot the rest of the machine if I can't find a code to turn off those pumps/valves until I need them. Anyone have any insights into this one?

What you are describing is an auto coupler for the jig clamp and unclamp. The couplers may need to be cleaned and possibly new o-rings. You could try to find the hydraulic directional valve and cap off where the lines hook up to finish your troubleshooting but the auto couplers probably need to be rebuilt. That info wasn't in the document I sent you as it was probably an add on option. I have seen these go bad on other brand machines.

It may be near this valve stack if there a 4 valves?

Three solenoid stack on the rear of the machine to the left of Z-Axis servomotor.
The top solenoid is drawbar manual clamp YV700 and unclamp YV701. When clamping the drawbar, solenoid YV700 comes on for about 2 seconds, then goes off. When unclamping the drawbar, solenoid YV701 stays on continuously. The middle solenoid is used for pallet clamp YV1080 and pallet unclamp YV1081 and have two pressure switches on the output hydraulic lines. Pallet clamp pressure check SP22 (X1005.5) and pallet unclamp pressure check SP23 (X1005.4).The bottom solenoid is table curvic coupling unclamp YV 1241. The pressure gauge checks the 58-PSI pressure to the ATC and drawbar unclamp system when they are not in use. The blue proximity switch is X-Axis zero return deceleration check switch SQ11 (X1009.0) and X-Axis overtravel SQ1 (X1014.2).

valve stack 1.jpg

valve stack 2.jpg

Thank you so much Other Brother. Your information is always so well detailed and explained.

Thank you so much.

I'll disassemble, clean and install new orings and/or any seals or springs in them.

Back