What's new
What's new

Aftermarket Filterfilter units

JS

Stainless
Currently on a 25 - 26 day nonstop run of carbide parts. I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting it cleaned afterwards....

I was wondering if anyone had tried separate self contained filter units for their wire EDM?

If so,

Was the unit worth the investment?

I was thinking of the pricing Ebbco units to clean the work tank as the machine was cutting.

Has anyone here used this manufacture?

i have used Ebco filters many times. I prefer the one big filter over the many small ones. The filters can be dried out, dust knocked off and reused. you can add a pump and draw water from the worktank, filter it, then return it to the worktank. I have done that but mostly with AL parts. I have used diatomaceous earth filters as well from swimming pools. Hayward makes diatomaceous earth and paper filter vessels. The tanks are plastic not metal and as they are made for pools so they don't suffer the EDM mark up you see on EDM stuff. The earth filters are labor intensive but filter very well. Hope this helps. Don't forget to price the replacement filter media before making a decision.

I have used stand alone Ebbco units with my wire edm machines for many years.
But we now are so space limited the Ebbco unit have been put in storage off suit.
I would recommend the 10 micron filters. After a little use they filter the finer stuff just fine.
Pun intend.

Regards,
John

Back