What's new
What's new

Aggie Cut20P

VictorStefan

Plastic
Hello all,
Is there any daily user of Aggie Charmille Cut20P erosion machine?
I have problems when i start a cut...

For example, i have to cut a piece who was 80mm thickness. I generate the tec. file, and fill with the corect infos (piece height, wire diam., etc)
When i start erosion, afeter 5-10 seconds, the wire breaks. Then i start to modify my tec. file(in the optimization tab), increasing and decreasing some parameters, but at some points still get that wire breaks and i cant go forward.
My material is steel with 55-58 HRC (dont know exactly), but it shouldnt be a problem.
Its wird because i managed to cut, aprox. 10mm, then get wire breaks...
I chnaged the resin, the wire guides, puted a new wire rol
This problem occur not only on that piece, happen on different thickness. Yesterdat i managed to cut a piece with 20 thickness, but also i had to change a lot of parameters in my tec. file

Are you certain you are creating the correct .tec for your wire type and cutting conditions?

Wire type, tensile, and coating make a big difference.

Taper cutting vs straight cutting makes a big difference.

Cutting from a start hole vs cutting in from the side makes a big difference.

Details are kind of light from your end.

More information would help us help you.

yes sir, im sure about the tec. file that i create (0.25 wire diam. , brass, steel, piece height, straight cutting...). The cut start from a piece corner.

Try to make a cover so you start cutting in a gap. When we cut +100 mm on our robofil 290 we have the same problem.
A block the same height as what we cutting helps to guide the flushing to the center of the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictorStefan,

Call your distributor or Charmilles applications engineers at once. Either this is a machine/maintenance issue, a training issue or a difficult applications issue. Any responsible OEM is waiting for your call to learn more of your problem, how to address it and keep you happy. Be proactive and ask your salesman/supplier/builder for help... your needs are their responsibility.

Hello all,
Is there any daily user of Aggie Charmille Cut20P erosion machine?
I have problems when i start a cut...

For example, i have to cut a piece who was 80mm thickness. I generate the tec. file, and fill with the corect infos (piece height, wire diam., etc)
When i start erosion, afeter 5-10 seconds, the wire breaks. Then i start to modify my tec. file(in the optimization tab), increasing and decreasing some parameters, but at some points still get that wire breaks and i cant go forward.
My material is steel with 55-58 HRC (dont know exactly), but it shouldnt be a problem.
Its wird because i managed to cut, aprox. 10mm, then get wire breaks...
I chnaged the resin, the wire guides, puted a new wire rol
This problem occur not only on that piece, happen on different thickness. Yesterdat i managed to cut a piece with 20 thickness, but also i had to change a lot of parameters in my tec. file

Victor,

A good generator parameter to change for intermittent wire breaks on that machine is "ISH". Try reducing it by one value (example: from -3 to -4). This parameter reduces your I (current) temporarily in short conditions. A good parameter to try on random wire breaks.
Outside generator parameters, be sure that your wire guides are clean, wire tension is correct, and contacts are in good shape.

Upper nozzle is 0.2 distance from my piece. I know that a good flushing is required
Lower nozzle... i dont know exactly, because i cant move it, so it is how was from the begin.

.2mm from top can you get to .1mm? also .1mm from bottom of piece to nozzle. I don't play with ISH use P and reduce. can you send me your files? are you using entry tec?

.2mm from top can you get to .1mm? also .1mm from bottom of piece to nozzle. I don't play with ISH use P and reduce. can you send me your files? are you using entry tec?

I play with P, SSoll, I and with FW[N] (i get less wire breaks when i lower this parameter) and sometimes with AW[mm/s]

I will atach my tec. file (is the one with default paramets)
Uploadfiles.io - H82.TEC

Back