What's new
What's new

Agie classic wire squaring question

norb

Cast Iron
Hi, I just purchased an 2000 Agie Classic 2S. The machine will be delivered next week. I was wondering how do you square up the wire on this machine. On My Agie AC50 I have several wire squaring fixtures I use with a red and black leads I plug into the machine. Is this the same on the classic?

I *believe* that when the AgieVision control came out (late 90's as I recall?), the 2-lead squaring block/system went away.

fwiw: On the Cut2000 I ran in recent years, there was a very simple fixture with a single thin ~25mm bore in it, and that bore was about 100mm above the Z plane. The machine would touch off on the bore, then move the U axis either side of center and touch off again, then move the V axis either side of center and touch off again. Then the routine would raise the head about 100mm higher and touch off again doing the same U and the V motion it did with the head lower.

And that's the end of it. It happens quite quickly, and the results cutting tall parts verified that it was dead-on.

I "believe" any AgieVision machine would do the same or something very similar.

PM

I *believe* that when the AgieVision control came out (late 90's as I recall?), the 2-lead squaring block/system went away.

fwiw: On the Cut2000 I ran in recent years, there was a very simple fixture with a single thin ~25mm bore in it, and that bore was about 100mm above the Z plane. The machine would touch off on the bore, then move the U axis either side of center and touch off again, then move the V axis either side of center and touch off again. Then the routine would raise the head about 100mm higher and touch off again doing the same U and the V motion it did with the head lower.

And that's the end of it. It happens quite quickly, and the results cutting tall parts verified that it was dead-on.

I "believe" any AgieVision machine would do the same or something very similar.

PM

PM is correct,
We have both an Excellence and a Classic. Both use the process he described to calibrate the wire.

Cheers.

Back