What's new
What's new

Agie Compact 2 Footprint size????

Kev h

Cast Iron
Hi Guys

I might have the chance of a used Agie compact 2 :drool5: , but am not sure if it would be compact enough for the space i ve got left in the workshop??:D

So if any one out there has one or know the machine tool size i would be very grateful .

Also any pros and cons of the machine would be cool too.:cool:

Cheers Kev :cheers:

AGIE Compact

Kev,
I used to program and run a Compact, still have the Manual too. But for some reason the Spec pages are missing... Cosmic forces working against me again I guess. But looking at the
AGIE/Charmilles website, you should be able to extrapolate a fair guess to footprint. I'm guessing our Compact was akin to the AO23 (?) I think!? (Roughly 5'x7')

I'm sure the good folks at A/C can get you the info you need. I can try to help out if you can make it fit in the shop. Unfortunately my former employer sent the Compact along with the 250SF+F wires to Mylasia, so my exposure was abeit too brief.

Good Luck!
Dave

Hi dave

Thanks for reply, didnt really want to let a/c know its about just in case:D but will have a rough guess from your info.

Also was it fairly predictible to use as far as technology settings and arcing etc? ( tryiing to compare to my manual sinker)

Thanks again for info

Cheers Kev :cheers:

Kev,
We used the Compact primarily to burn lead-ins on our stripper inserts for the high speed stamping dies we built. It did so very well. I was just starting to fool around with some die relief pockets when the "Fit hit the SHan!"

If you actually land the thing, I'll do my best to help out, but there are better EDMers here to help out with erosion settings.

Again, Good luck!

Dave

Back